Some people????

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
ok - a bit of a rant - !! There's this girl on my yard who owns a young TB. Now when she first got this horse she told the YO that she could not be used on working livery because she was not a novice ride. Over the weeks, we could see evidence of that. The horse napped and reared with this girl - I even saw her come back from a ride in tears - I asked if she was ok - she just said she had had a horrible ride. This horse also finds it difficult to jump being still quite young, all she needs really is an experienced person to bring her on. ANYWAY, then this girl starts ranting on at how useless the horse is , and how she will have to sell it because it can't jump etc etc, rather than admitting she was not experienced enough in the first place. She also kept saying how great my horse was and how lucky I am - she doesn't take into account all the hours of schooling and lunging that go into making her great.

But the big crunch is - she is NOW selling this horse to a dreamy eyed novice who has only been riding for just over a week, thinks she's ready to own a horse, and fallen for the TB at first sight.. she said to me "pretty isn't she ? oh I'll get her" before even getting on her!! She knows nothing about horses, very nervous novice. she tried riding this horse, and of course it took the mic, she can't canter and looked like she would fall off in trot. I just can't believe for the horse's sake and this novice, that she won't just say they are not right for eachother. she is just so desperate to get rid of her - I think she's making such a mistake. This girl doesn't even know how to tack up, rug up or anything!!! I know its not my business but Anyone else think this is weird?????

marmite

Visit site
STOP IT AND STOP IT NOW

this woman does not know what she is letting herself in for.

The person selling it needs a talking to this horse could end up killing the poor novice who buys it.

How can this person do this with a clear mind im amazed she can sleep at night.

marmite

Visit site
This is why i think some form of exam should be taken by anyone wanting to buy a horse ridden and theory.

allijudd

Visit site
you have to stop it...this horse could kill the girl.....

surely the other girl has the foresight to mention something?if she had said to teh yo that it couldnt go on working livery.......

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I know, the YO has already had an argument with her, but the girl just said that she's fine for a novice now which is such a lie. ..... my instructor who teaches the novice has said no its not right for her, but they just don't seem to listen. The novice asked me the other day how do I get off and I'm like OMG!!!! Whats she going to do if the horse bolts on her and she can't canter? The girl who is selling the horse is also trying to prove she can hack out alone, but has made sure on each hack she has walked in front, convincing the novice even more that she is fine.

hellyt1

Visit site
IMHO that is just asking for trouble! I know that when i had my first share horse a few years ago i had no experience and just ended up scaring myself because i knew i didn't have the skills to cope with it. Luckily for me the owner was lovely as was the horse and they both really helped me out getting used to things but if she is going to be on her own it could all end very unhappily. I don't know the situation at all and i know it's difficult to stick your nose in but maybe this girls instructor could have a word? If nothing else the horse sounds like it needs someone to bring it on not the other way around! It is sad really that someone who has only been riding such a short time thinks they can take something like that on, they obviously have no idea what owning a horse takes! I've been riding for years and i know i'm not ready to do it quite yet!

marmite

Visit site
I think it makes a very selfish person to sell on a horse as bad as this to a silly woman who has been riding a week.

If somebody approached me to buy one of mine after a week of riding i would of explained to her why you should have at least a couple of years experience under your belt.
Before you should even consider owning a horse.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I totally agree - there should be an exam. This girl doesn't seem to realise the danger and thinks its all a joke. Everyone has spoken and argued with her but she wont listen, and she puffs the novice up even more. Its a nightmare. It annoys me so much just watching. I feel like I should be doing something but what can I do? Its not my horse!!

marmite

Visit site
Well firstly where is she planning on keeping this horse at same place?

I f thats the case YO should refuse to let her stable there give her lessons or anything of the such and play no part in it.

What will happen if this girl falls off and gets badly injured and tried to sue the person who has the horse now for selling it to her.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
When my instructor rode this horse, she was like an angel - thats all she needs, someone used to bringing on youngsters. You could see the difference to the horse it was amazing. The novice doesn't understand, she keeps going on about how they can - get this - grow together... ARGGGHHHH

Honeyb060674

Visit site
Its not just weird its damn irresponsible, how anyone could sell a horse to such an unsuitable person is beyond me. How would she feel if worse case scenario (and its not beyond belief) she falls off and it kills her???

marmite

Visit site
Plus any chance this horse has of been anything is out of the window it will end up been a nasty ned that gets its own way and if you try stop it then it will just get nasty.

marmite

Visit site
Good well done to her if you can find out where else she would stable it i would ring them up too and warn them what they might be taking on.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I siggested to the novice that she should try and get lots of experience before getting one, that she should wait a couple of years or so, learn as much as she can, and then maybe get a cobbish type thing and have lessons every week in the meantime.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Good well done to her if you can find out where else she would stable it i would ring them up too and warn them what they might be taking on.

brilliant idea - shall suggest that.

marmite

Visit site
Thing is though babe once the silly people get the idea in there head then you cant tell them seen it so many times people manage to sit on a horse once they think they are the next pippa funnell.

allijudd

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The novice doesn't understand, she keeps going on about how they can - get this - grow together... ARGGGHHHH

[/ QUOTE ]

god the people that throw that in your face...wouldnt we get a better understanding if we grow together....
esp with young horses.........

no no no no no no........

god and NO!

isnt it common sense....

marmite

Visit site
I really would just to cover them im sure if i had a yard i wouldnt want a potential death case turning up on my yard.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
novice keeps saying - can't wait tll she's mine, just want one of my own, don't want to ride someone else's, I hate the way I have to ride different horses, each time I come up for a lesson - I'm like..... er ... thats because the more different horses you ride the more you learn!!!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Oh dear... unfortunately this happens A LOT here, especially (and I know this isn't the case at your yard) when there is someone in between with a fast buck to make...
If the girl's instructor can't convince her she's making a mistake, then I don't think you stand much of a chance yourself.
Only thing I can suggest is that the girl should hack the horse out (accompanied of course) and ride it as much as poss before buying it... maybe she'll realise what a mistake it would be....

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
I'm going to be a bit radical here.

To be honest, there are novices who will always buy horses that are totally unsuitable for them. It isn't nice, but some people have to learn from their mistakes. As it isn't you who is selling the horse I don't think you should get involved. It isn't a very nice situation, but it could all blow up in your face if you try to get too involved.

marmite

Visit site
I know this sounds awful but i want it to deck her not a bad fall just enough to make her see actually i cant ride that well and i should have more lessons.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
This is why i think some form of exam should be taken by anyone wanting to buy a horse ridden and theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, well... in that case I wouldn't have got my first horse!! Not all novices are pig-headed ignorant idgits
smile.gif
Some people get books and find out as much as they can beforehand...

marmite

Visit site
Sorry hun if that was me i would of done anything to stop this poor deluded person buying this horse it will injure her at some point.