Some people????

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
my instructor even offered to give her livery at her yard and that she would bring the horse on so she could ride it. But she was like - no I want to do it myself.

marmite

Visit site
Thank god you are a nicer person than me i would of sat her down and made her listen by now she is risking her life we do it everyday on horses we can ride and here she is thinking she can control and ride this horse.

matthew

Visit site
ohh my god!!!!! jesus christ- this is how good horses get ruined- although i must admit i am a fool for t/b as i like their nature! call me mad but i have been over horsed a few times but luckilly i had great instuctors that really helped my riding along! i think no matter how experienced you are you should still be willing to ask if you dont know something-you can learn so much from people!

rach1984horse

Visit site
It's a lot better to shop around abit before buying a horse. Tho I am not one to talk as Rosie was near enough in the lorry and home before I was offered her for sale and yearling I refused to buy 4 times, then just gave up because she wouldn't stop looking at me like that.

Could the instructor not sudggest looking at a few different horses? Or try and hold her off paying for it till she falls off. Her attitude seems like once she hits the deck once she'll not be getting on there again.

leanne123

Visit site
god what a horrible situation. its the owners responsability to ensure that there horse goes to a suitable home, i know you mean well and the horse is unsuitable for a novice rider but if you manage to talk the novice out of buying then the owner will be doing your head in for ages over this.
the novice is gonna have to learn the hard way, she will end up with an unrideable horse and scared to death of riding all together.
wheres the pleasure in that?

MagicMelon

Visit site
I cant believe someone who's been riding a week wants a horse already, ANY horse would not be suitable for her right now. Does she have a death wish? And to be even considering a TB, and a YOUNG one at that - what an idiot. Total idiot.

There's no point talking to the owners since they obviously just want rid of the horse and dont sound like they really care where it goes. I would talk to the girl who wants it again, tell he you REALLY dont think it would be suitable and that you didnt know if you should say anything but your worried because you know what the horse is like, and basically what she's about to buy could kill her....!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Thats a good idea, I did try speaking to the owner today and she said she was fed up of novice always hanging around her (and now texting her all the time to double check she can have horse), and that she wants the horse for a couple more weeks so she can go to PC camp. She then said she will definitely sell it to her after that but can't now in case she messes the horse up - (her words not mine!) I told her what I thought but she stormed off in a huff.

If she does buy this horse (I will try and mention it again to novice) I feel sorry for the horse, and can only hope that the horse will let her know kindly, thats she's not ready to own it. ( a little bump like you say , I hope might knock sense into her)

I do get the impression that this novice is very jealous of people on our yard with their own horses, and thats why she kind of wants one now type thing..... so stupid. She doesn't see that we have all been riding for years!!

Fairynuff

Visit site
Audrey, sad to say but, mind your own B! I know youve got the welfare of the horse in mind, but, sadly,the owner and the "new" owner wont thank you for the interest you are taking.Its always the way and you will only make enemies.Keep quiet and pray that sooner or later the mare will end up in the right hands. Its hard but you cant save them all! M.
frown.gif

rach1984horse

Visit site
My view, though I know not a lot of people will agree with is that there is nothing wrong with novices owning horses. In the right circumstances. If they are at a yard or riding school where the owner and staff are willing to give as much help and advice as the new horse owner needs.

However buying horses, especially for novices has to be done so carefully. She would be better to find something a bit quieter that is prepared to put up wiith her mistakes and be fussed over.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
yeah I'm not saying novices shouldn't own horses, I am saying they should get the right one!!! Also, even with the right one, I'm sorry but after only one week of riding they need help! This girl, has refused help and wants to do it all herself. I realise its not my business, but forgive me for being concerned about people... and horse. I'm just like that.