Some praise for children/teens

Benji1

Visit site
I see alot of posts whinging about children/teens on yards but I have a positive story to share!

I was at my friends livery yard last week, theres her 4 horses, 2 adult liverys and two younger ones.

We'd been catching in the horses when one of the teens came up to me crying - not hysterically - and said, my horse is in the far corner and is lame can you please help me?

Sure enough, said horse was undeniably lame and wasn't at all keen on the idea of walking, but she reacted calmly, talking to him so he didn't freak out. It took as a while but we got him back to the yard and rang the vet and her dad.

Although I hadn't done anything other than reassure her he'd be ok, after the vet had been she offered to help sort the muck heap out to say thanks.

Shes 13. I am glad to say I know a sensible 13 year old, that has manners, knows when to seek help, and even thanked me for it.

DipseyDeb

Visit site
There are quite a few sensible and polite teens at our yard, YO is very good and sifting out the trouble makers and asking them to leave, making it a lovely environment so we never have trouble on there!!(adults too I hasten to add!!!!!!!)

BonneMaman

Visit site
We were all once "horrible" kids...

Actually I prefer spending horsey time with kids - they are keen, energetic and never judgemental.

It's the parent that have the issues!

Tinkerbee

Visit site
Aww bless her. :)
Have to say at our yard its the kids which are fantastic and the adults you could do without. ;)

Hope her horse is ok.

Benji1

Visit site
Horse is fine :)

I'd much rather they asked rather than fought alone.

Don't mind adults either, aslong as they've got common sense!