Someone distract me, waiting for a phone call ...

Smallhorses

Visit site
ooooooh best of luck - I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine!! :)

In the meantime why dont you help me look for DIY assisted/grass liver in Crowborough! :D

iudall

Visit site
Any news!?

I've been messed around by the current owner of the horse I was supposed to be having vetted today :eek:(

My search continues....

Good Luck!!
Post a photo if you buy him/her!!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Eekkkk. How exciting

I was in this position about month and half ago, I had no idea what to do with myself. Almost kissed the vet when he said she passed :D

Good luck and keep us updated. *Fingers crossed*

dibbin

Visit site
Nothing yet ... vet was going to the yard at 2, it's a 5 stage so I imagine it could take a while.

If she passes, there will be an ABUNDANCE of photos. You'll all be fed up looking at her :D

Eek!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Mine roughly took 2 1/2 Hours, so assuming the vet was on time you should be hearing within the next half hour I would've thought!

I love photos anyway, so I won't get bored with them hehe

dibbin

Visit site
iudall - did you get my PM?

I'm assuming the vet was on time/found the farm ok as I didn't get a phone call from him or the seller.

Still nothing ...

Last edited:

dibbin

Visit site
BigRed - unfortunately, no.

Vet just phoned!

She's 1/5 lame on a hind leg after the flexion test. Vet is fairly certain that it's coming from a small cut on her cannon, but obviously he had to warn me it could be something underlying. So, my options are to buy her, or wait til she's sound and have the flexion test done again. Assuming it's alright with the seller, I'll wait.

Apart from that and needing shod, she's absolutely fine.

iudall

Visit site
I did thank you so much! Not needed yet though unfortunately.

Ah that’s a bit of a tough one. Would a small cut cause 2/10ths lameness? Perhaps it’s her feet that are causing the problem, maybe wait until she’s next shod? (Ouu not that I’m saying I know more than a qualified vet… eeekkk!!!)

How do you feel about it?

dibbin

Visit site
I did thank you so much! Not needed yet though unfortunately.

Ah that’s a bit of a tough one. Would a small cut cause 2/10ths lameness? Perhaps it’s her feet that are causing the problem, maybe wait until she’s next shod? (Ouu not that I’m saying I know more than a qualified vet… eeekkk!!!)

How do you feel about it?

I trust my vet's opinion on it :) so assuming the seller's happy then I'll get him to redo the flexion test once she's sound. He agrees that that's the cautious approach, and means that we'll know it definitely isn't something else. It's a hind leg, and it was her front feet that needed shod, so it isn't the shoes.