Someone hit my trailer

nervous nelly

Visit site
On the way back from a show this afternoon and someone hit our trailer side on, Horse is shaken up but thankfully OK.In brief

Mum was driving my car she is a named driver on a full comp policy
we were on the road and car pulled out of a parking space and hit the trailer side on
Driver of the other car accepted full liability
Accident reported to the police but they are not interested
Got the other drivers details
They want to put everything through the insurance
Major damage to passenger side axle

Do I need to report to my car insurance company or trailer insurance
what happens next the nearest trailer place is an hour and half away and the trailer is not fit to tow. I am supposed to be out a week today that's not going to happen now, anyone have any experience of something similar how long until you are back on the road.

Thanks

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I think that tomorrow you will get a call from the other people's insurance, and they will arrange to repair the trailer. At least that was how it worked when someone hit my car and their driver admitted liability. The other insurance company wanted to sort it out quick sticks, so they were not liable for anything else. They even gave me a hire car.

If you have anthing you wish to go to I would ask for trailer hire, as that seems reasonable.

You do still need to report it to your car insurance, and I would imagine your trailer insurance too.

Glad you are all OK, could have been much worse.

nervous nelly

Visit site
Thank you that is very helpful. The boy is very shaken up put seems to have settled a bit will go and check on him again later.
Just re read post and they hit the drivers side not the passenger side :(