*someone pass the smelling salts* + PF you're a star!!

EllieBeast

Visit site
Well, after posting a while back about my nerves getting the better of me in the stress, i mean DRESSage arena, i went to a local unaff dressage event today. i just did the classical riding young horse/beginners test (she may not be young, but her dressage knowlegde certainly is). there were 12 in the class, and i WON *faints* with a score of 69.6%. i was so chuffed with the beastlet. today was the first ever test in which i didnt have to feign the smile at the end!
this is perfect timing really, as Milton Keynes is less than 3 weeks away and i needed the confidence boost
grin.gif

anywho, i have a jumping lesson this avo so lets just hope that goes as well.
Sarah xXx

EllieBeast

Visit site
Thanks Guys, i never thought that i would actually enjoy a dressage test, but i had a ball today. and at last we managed to show other people what we can do, instead of just managing it at home
grin.gif

i really cannot wait for MK now!!
Sarah xXx

Thistle

Visit site
Well, she has had a bit of a hiccup as the pony fell on the road 3 weeks age and trashed her knees. She is now sound and working again, all be it with red scabs on her legs. The vet has passed her as fit to work and compete though. Bee is doing a clinic there tomorrow so should be interesting. I wonder if she will be the smallest (14.2) and youngest (just 15) in her class.

We have just upped her work, although we are going to France for the rest of the week, a friend will work her whilst we are away.
Bee has been practicing with her watch out in the field, and can gallop the steeplechase distance only just over time. Doing lots of trotting on hacks and also off to Burghley next week where they represent their branch in the PC SJ on the Thurs.

Just need to sneak off there and send her for a stretch round the XC course, she would only leave little footprints!

Intending to work her twic a day where possiblt in the fortnight before, she is definately looking a bit leaner and is losing the belly.

How are you getting on? Bee entered class 2 but then though she had better do class 3 after jumping clear round 2 PC opens at Isleham and Gt Witchingham over mostly novice tracks. Do you do any BE eventing as well.

I may have to sneak back home every day at some point as I have a son too and 4 other horses to sort out. It is about 1 hour for us so not too bad.

Thistle

Visit site
Just back from the 3DE clinic at MK with Mary Ann Trevor Roper. Your course for class 2 looks really nice and inviting. It will be mostly yesterdays intro course, but with a bit of a swap round. The going there is perfect atm.

Quite a few of the XC fences have very bright flowers and the water route was a slope in with a small step then a hanging log out. The log had large wooden dolphing leaping up the sides.