Sometimes having horses is hard. Had to make the decision PTS

MissMoo

Visit site
Thinking of you LouLou.

I had to have my 33yo pts earlier this year, it was rather unexpected but I had been anticipating having to make the decision any time about now, she just decided she wanted things to be on her terms. When they have been a large part of our lives for so long (in my case 24 years), it is never easy but it is the kindest decision for them.

I do echo the earlier comment made regarding keeping a lock of her hair. I did this and am having pendants made for my nieces as their Christmas presents and a ring made for myself.

Huge hugs. xxxx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thank you.....this week is going to be hard. Feel awful, almost like i can't look her in the eye.

I know what you mean by that, I found it hard to look into my mares eyes as well. Your making very hard decision one we all dread and have to face at one time or another.

You know you Little mare and only you can see how she feels about life or the pain she is in

Take plenty of pictures, nice ones with a good background, like the fields or scenic area view. Take some of her mane or tail to remember her by. Try get some of her lying down a sleep or with you cuddling her.

I feel for you at this time, it's never easy no matter how many times you face it(3). In my case.

Thoughts and vibes sent".....?

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have nothing to add to this except to say that I am very, very sorry . . . and to offer you hugs (I give good hugs, just ask GG) . . . . you are a kind owner and your horse is very lucky to have you.

P

I ditto that her hugs come across to me as sincere and loving which I need with the funeral of my dad in a few days. :(
Both these members and others on my thread really support at times of sadness

fatpiggy

Visit site
I know what you mean by that, I found it hard to look into my mares eyes as well. Your making very hard decision one we all dread and have to face at one time or another.

You know you Little mare and only you can see how she feels about life or the pain she is in

Take plenty of pictures, nice ones with a good background, like the fields or scenic area view. Take some of her mane or tail to remember her by. Try get some of her lying down a sleep or with you cuddling her.

I feel for you at this time, it's never easy no matter how many times you face it(3). In my case.

Thoughts and vibes sent".....?

Oh dear, yes. On the day my mare was PTS when I went down to feed her in the morning I had to pretend that everything was normal and to see her happy little face watching for her bucket and licking her lips in anticipation of something tasty was heartbreaking. At least she really did enjoy her final meal though as I was able to leave all the nasty drugs out of it and had stored a little sweetened mix since she had been diagnosed with Cushings and I had to change to unmollassed feed.