Somewhere for me and my horse to live: Mid Cotswolds Stow/Bourton/Northleach area.

Bugly

Visit site
I need a fresh start and have decided I'm going to move house to the Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water, Northleach area.

So firstly for my neddy I'm looking for a nice quiet yard with an airy stable (he has breathing issues), good grazing and nice hacking and preferably a school. DIY basis with people around to cover me on weekends/the odd night as required. Oh and parking for a horsebox/lorry.

And I'm looking for an annexe or house share not far away with a garage. I have a Jack Russell too, he's not with me all the time but a few weeks a month (shared in the divorce!). I'm early 30s, in full time professional occupation, non smoker.

Can anyone recommend any good yards or maybe you know of a private yard with a vacancy for a tidy, professional rider who is very clean and tidy and likes to compete and hunt. Maybe you know of a yard with grooms accommodation which is unoccupied?

I'd be pleased to hear your advice!

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
My parents moved to Northleach when they retired. They found it very isolating as there is little in the town, and if they wanted a pint of milk or fish and chips/etc in the evening, they had to either drive to Bourton or Cirencester which was a 20 minute drive each way. The prices were elevated as well there as people commute to London/Oxford etc as it is on the A40. They also found it had a village mentality where your face only fits if your grandfathers grandfather was born there. they couldn't wait to move back to Chelt, but it took them 10 years to finally get out.

My daughters friend is moving from Perrotts Brook to a yard not far from North Cerney/cirencester. Apparently has good hacking, and close to Cirencester which has everything there which townies are used to.

ThePony

Visit site
I would second the ciren vote! Also consider Northleach to be rather isolated - though tbh it does depend on the type of place you are after. Pros for ciren - Good yards of every sort around there, amazing hacking in ciren park, more going on in town, but quiet too, large rental market from student share to super plush professional flats! Also convenient for hunting, polo and comp venues!

Daisy2

Visit site
Proffesional yard in Farmington near northleach, everything you have asked for. Sorry cant remember the name but Farminton is small, you will find it easy, so 3 mins from Northleach or 10 mins from Bourton. I know of others but alot smaller without a school