Soooo - the All About Dogs meet-up....now its the VENUE!

What is an acceptable maximum speed for a horse trailer or lorry on a motorway?

• Total voters

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What about Cannock Chase?
confused.gif

I think Patches lives near there so maybe she could check out walking opportunities?
confused.gif
Just thought it might be good as there are acres and acres there so our huge mutt pack shouldn't get in peoples way!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically I live about as far away from Cannock Chase as is possible, whilst still living in the same County. It's ok there though I think, although I will admit I've never been due to it's location to us. Open areas for sure. Sounds ideal. Hanchurch Woods are ok, and a Stone's throw from Junction 15 of the M6, so very easy to find, but not I'm not sure how much open space there is, lots of wide forestry tracks though.

I put down Shropshire but would be more than happy to go to Cannock Chase.

TayloredEq

www.tayloredequestrian.com
I can't quite believe I am going to write this (mainly cos I tend to lurk in here most of the time with only the odd post)!! But....

How do you see this working out logistically? I am alittle bit of a pessimist so I'm not that sure how well I see this working/coming off. Ie trying to book a campsite for however many dogs and their owners. Then trying to find somewhere for off the lead walking etc.

So a possible idea... (this is the mad and crazy bit) I could possibly host it.

We only have about 10 acres and could have a lot of horses in/turned out which could affect the amount of ground to play in.

But I have a more or less flat field that people could put up tents in. I could put the medium size gazebo up and bring the bbq out. So the HHO's could meet, their dogs can interact but it does not involve invading a public place.

One of the fields also opens out onto the river perry so there is the oppportunity for well behaved dogs to swim in the river. (it's only about 2' deep and 3m wide)

Obvioulsy ALL dog mess would have to be cleared up and a contribution made to any costs involved.

We also have the treatments barn so if it pores with rain we would be able to have some shelter.

The only possible problems I can forsee would be if I suddenly get inundated with clients needing to use the facilities in which case we would just need to work out timings etc.

I am basedin North Shropshire. So for anyone wanting to see exact location is just add .co.uk to my username on here and you should get my website complete with a map and directions.

The only other thing to consider is that i do have a footpath and a bridlepath that go through the property and we can get some antidog people through - but as long as no dogs stray onto either path it shouldn't be a problem

CAYLA

Visit site
Dingle is correct, it would be a 4 1/2 to the first choice by going with TE option it would take 3 1/2 hours.
I also thought we would have been going with the 12th June, did the 26th get the most popular votes?
No biggie if I have to pull out, but will double check whilst im at work tonight with dates again, after all I will only be sitting on me arse at the telephone
smirk.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
TE that is very very generous of you to make that offer, thank you
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

As far as logistics are concerned, there is no way I anticipated everyone walking dogs off the lead (unless like Ravenwoods they are very obedient
grin.gif
) as chaos would undoubtedly ensue
shocked.gif
So strictly walking on leads for everyone, and muzzles if required (e.g. for sighthounds like mine who are very interested in chasing small fluffy moving things
blush.gif
)

As far as numbers are concerned, I have experience of arranging meet ups before, and I know that whilst you get a lot of genuine interest at this stage, you tend not to get nearly as many people actually turn up on the day
grin.gif

But having said that, if you are really prepared to let us invade you it would be fantastic
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
It would mean we could carry on making arrangements with no worries, other than where on earth I am going to borrow a tent from of course
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Logistically - what would we do about shower/toilet facilities? Ccoking could be in the gazebo, obviously all rubbish/dog poo would be bagged up and removed... can anyone think of any other logistical things?

Other than whether we are going for 12th June or 26th June of course, I think they actually got an equal amount of votes but personally I think we MUST have Cayla there for pure entertainment value
tongue.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif