Sophie Parsons - Kent

Coblette

Visit site
Anyone know about Sophie Parsons - a dealer based in Kent. Please can you let me know if good / bad & PM any bad experiences.

Thanks in advance :)

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
OP what are you looking for? I’ve only ever heard good things about Marsh Ponies in Hampshire. They seem to keep their ponies for a few months and do everything with them. But if you’re not after a connie pony type then probably not for you!

I bought mine from Kate Ludden in Kent and couldn’t find anything bad about her when I was searching. Looking back, my mare wasn’t entirely suitable for me as she was very green and so was I but it doesn’t seem to have done us any harm ?. She deals mainly in Irish imports.

Coblette

Visit site
What am I looking for? Well.... my ideal horse would be between 14.3-15.3, mare or gelding, age 6+ happy to hack alone and be left on own at home while other pony is out. Fairly hardy as will keep at home and prefer them to be out with access to stable. Would like an Easygoing horse I can load up and take out on my own in the trailer to go to the park, few local shows, beach rides, bit of xc etc with minimal fuss. Don’t want anything fizzy and is happy if not ridden 5 times a week. Not worried if it’s not amazing in the school as long as it’s safe and steady! I have a baby so want something easy to live with now :) just realised how picky I’m being ? but I’m in no rush I just want to find the right horse that I can keep forever

Cheval Gal

Visit site
What am I looking for? Well.... my ideal horse would be between 14.3-15.3, mare or gelding, age 6+ happy to hack alone and be left on own at home while other pony is out. Fairly hardy as will keep at home and prefer them to be out with access to stable. Would like an Easygoing horse I can load up and take out on my own in the trailer to go to the park, few local shows, beach rides, bit of xc etc with minimal fuss. Don’t want anything fizzy and is happy if not ridden 5 times a week. Not worried if it’s not amazing in the school as long as it’s safe and steady! I have a baby so want something easy to live with now :) just realised how picky I’m being ? but I’m in no rush I just want to find the right horse that I can keep forever
Me too! But smaller than what you're looking for.

onemoretime

Visit site

Try Julia Martin at Kings Hill Equestrian in Bolney Sussex not far from Hickstead. she is a good dealer and you wont get any drugging up there. She regularly has hoses come in.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Thanks I’ve messaged her and asked if she has anything. Does she produce them herself or acts as sales livery?
A bit of both depending on the horse. She’s quite tall so don’t think she rode mine much (14.1 connemara) she’s also recovering from a nasty fall I think.

She has a 5 year old connie mare in at the moment that is just my type. I’m glad I have a wedding to pay for otherwise I’d be there in a flash and find mind myself as one of those mad horse women that hides a horse from their OH.

Coblette

Visit site
A bit of both depending on the horse. She’s quite tall so don’t think she rode mine much (14.1 connemara) she’s also recovering from a nasty fall I think.

She has a 5 year old connie mare in at the moment that is just my type. I’m glad I have a wedding to pay for otherwise I’d be there in a flash and find mind myself as one of those mad horse women that hides a horse from their OH.
Yes I saw Lucy, she looks lovely ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
E6F8EF78-59FA-47C1-B101-6A0DB3912ACF.jpeg
This is mine I got from her. I was very novice and just wanted an easy pony that was loving. I got that in spades. She tries her heart out, has good blood lines, jumps like a stag and is so easy to keep (I took her shoes off and she lived last winter rugless). As I said above the only thing was I think technically I was overhorsed. She really wasn’t schooled at all (had just hunted and hunter trialed in Ireland and Kate had taken her hunting in Kent) so I’ve had to essentially produce her whilst knowing nothing haha. But maybe I rode better at the viewing than I usually do ? either way I’m glad I did it and I’d do it again and would definitely use Kate again. But I have fallen in love with the Tulira stud so have my eyes on one of theirs when the time comes ?