Sore back?? Wwyd?

Bubblebutt

Visit site
I have a four year old 16hh horse, he has been in light work for the last few months. I jumped him over a small fence the other day and I felt him doing something funny behind. I decided to lunge him (I never had during breaking) and he won't stay united in canter and then he goes from canter-trot he skips into it behind (wont put his legs in under him for the transition. I find him hard to flex on the right rein but I thought that was just baby but now I think it might all be linked?
What do you guys think?

maggiesmum

Visit site
Get him checked out pronto by a body worker and/or a vet.
It may be that he's young & unbalanced, he may just be sore somewhere or it could be more than that but you won't know till he's been seen.

soulfull

Visit site
I too would get the vet to check him out and the a rebistered physio. He is only young so even more important to be better safe than sorry :)

Kelpie

Visit site
I don't mean to scare you, but after my recent experience of my young horse turning out to have PSD and SI pain (resulting in bilateral lameness, so hard to spot) - I can't recommend enough sending your horse off for a lameness work-up.