Sorry, a quick outburst of happiness.....

{97702}

Visit site
it may sound silly or insignificant to others, but tonight I had one of those moments where suddenly it all seems to be coming together :) :)

Jensen and I have been training with Milliepops for 8 months now, with intermittent training with Vittoria Panizzon, and sometimes I have despaired of ever making progress......Jensen was a very green baby who was incredibly crooked when we started, and unfortunately I am impatient and want to see tangible results.... as you can guess, this is not a good combination :( Milliepops has been absolutely amazing at keeping me positive, keeping me focussed and telling me that Jensen IS trying as hard as he can!

This weekend we had a couple of pole work clinics, one with my old instructor and one with a new instructor (Marie Ryan), simply to get J out seeing new places as he tends to hold his breath and be tense at new venues! I got some brilliant trot work and really good canter work in the first clinic, and the BEST canter work Jensen has EVER done in the second clinic..... and tonight, without any help, just Jensen and me playing around in the school at home, we got that canter on both reins :)

I am over the moon, I really am - I cannot thank my trainers, Milliepops and Vittoria, enough, at the age of 47 I really think I have found my horse who is going to be fun, fun, fun! Sorry, just had to let that out there..... **blushes**...

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Well done! I completely understand the frustration of being impatient for progress on a green baby horse! So totally applaud the celebration of a breakthrough. :) onwards and upwards.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Ah, Milliepops is fab :)

It never gets old, that feeling of "yes! This is the future, this is everything I want". It's why I love babies and training - I get such a kick out of that feeling, far more than competing. When my mare makes me feel that way, I want to sing and dance about the yard like an idiot. It's pathetically sad - so I totally understand!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Fantastic!! So excited for you :D :D

Keep plugging away - this year is yours for the taking!
That MP is a good egg, but we already knew that :p

{97702}

Visit site
Thank you everyone.....D66, PF, Surbie, jiffy, YCMB, JFTD, Dabdab....for your replies, it is great to know I am not alone in my happiness :D I can't tell you how great it makes me feel, and it is fabulous to know that others understand this :p :D

Roxylola

Visit site
That sounds terrific. I too am lucky enough to have a super trainer who's main job is to educate me that riding as forward as possible is not always best and when on a hot tense horse kicking on is not the only thing to do!
It's so good when it all comes together

monte1

Visit site
What a lovely post, well done, totally understand where you are coming from, been going through similar with my irish chap in the last year, felt like despite some great help from my lovely trainer we were not getting anywhere fast, but all of a sudden the penny drops and you get "moments" which turn gradually into more consistent work and you feel on cloud nine.

onwards and upwards :)

{97702}

Visit site
Thank you everyone :) :) We had a slightly less successful schooling session tonight as I forgot my £1 coin for the arena lights and apparently Jensen is frightened of the dark..... but I'm still buzzing :D