SORRY a saddle how much...

Otimoo

Visit site
Hi,

I have my old pony's saddle that is collecting dust in my tack room and decided it needs to go it will never fit any of mine and i would rather sell it anyway.

So how much would you think is a reasonable price to put it up for, its a 16 1/2 inch Eric Thomas tan/brown close contact jumping saddle it is a few years old now a little bit of wear and tear (stirrup area) but still a lovely saddle. I think i will put it on ebay but don't know what to expect i also want to put a reserve on it as i don't want to give it away i paid £950 for it new.
Any help much appreciated

Thanks
cool.gif

lucyrostance

Visit site
I've sold saddles on ebay before and have always started at 99p bit risky I know but have always got a fair amount for them. My advice would be have a look what similar saddles are selling for on there, should give you a rough idea of what to start at and what to put as a reserve amount.

eggs

Visit site
Unless the saddle is a popular brand eg. Albion they tend not to make to make that much ebay. Having said that, some money is better than no money if it is no longer needed.

Otimoo

Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone, i was thinking i wouldn't get that much for it now which is a shame as its part of my holiday money!! i think i will put it on ebay with a reserve and keep my fingers crossed!!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Don't put it on with a reserve - there is a free listing day today and tomorrow, so simply put up for the minimum you would sell it for

Eric Thomas isn't big in the UK, as distributed out of France. So make it a European wide auction and work out shipping to Europe