Sorry- another Rug question!!

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Been trying to find a stable rug, about 200g with a high/extended neck as one of my boys has very high withers and suffers from rubs with a standard neck rug. Have looked at all the usual suspects, Equestrian clearance, premier equine, derby house, etc etc, and I can't find anything that fits the bill. His heavyweight is the shires chillcheeta half combo (375g), and I'm looking for a similar design, but a lighter weight.

Does anyone know where I could get this sort of rug??

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well Fal do a bespoke service, and if you are anywhere near Cardiff a company called 'Horseguards' make made to measure rugs at relatively inexpensive prices.

Edt: to say - of course you're no where near Cardiff - sorry...........

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Miamibear, Thats the cut he needs, just can't seem to find any stable rugs like that?

Thanks Amymay, not that near cardiff, but i'll give fal a try, thanks.

eekmon

Visit site
I have a Comfort Zone 'lapel' rug. It has a highish neck and my horse has v high withers and a skinny neck/chest! ( hes old
blush.gif
) It did not rub at all. Don't know if it would be warm enough but it a very thick fleecy type rug but with two layers, I use it during the day in the winter and my horse is always warm! www.cz-equestrian.com
smile.gif

clairt

New User
Visit site
my skinny, high witherd TB
smile.gif
has a rambo duo, which doesn't rub him at all. it's really versitile as the neck can go on or off, and you can change the weight with the liners (so you could make up a 200g with the outer plus a 100g liner), the liner is attached though so it's only like putting on 1 rug.

i've stopped using specific stable rugs, as the rambo ones are so breathable he comfy all day and night, and it means i don't have to worry about rug changing if i'm not at the yard and someone else brings him in.