sorry bit of a rant

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Am in a bit of a situation at my livery yard with regards to stabling and am just not sure how to deal with it. My horse is out during the day and in at night at the mo. She has had the same stable since she arrived. Since then I was told I had to move her and that was fine as the stable they asked me to move her to was nice and about the same size etc. Anyway. now they have got a stallion on the yard and so they moved him in opposite my mare, naturally, my mare went a bit crazy. They then said she had to move again, and the stable they want me to move her into is far too small for a horse of her size (16hh). I am really not happy at all, and have mentioned it to my yard owner but she was not very understanding saying she would be fine in that stable. The other thing is she is completely on her own, where as before she could see another horse. She tends to go into a panic if she can't see me or another horse. Sorry for rant.

OrangeEmpire

www.equestrian-portrait.com
Unacceptable. If the stable is so roomy why can't the stallion go in there! Stick to your guns. Maybe someone else with a smaller horse will be moved and then your mare can have their stable. Don't get walked over though as you are paying for a service.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
If you're not happy, and can't reach a compromise - guess your only option is to move.....
frown.gif

lexiedhb

Visit site
You pay for what you were getting at the beginning.... what next your mare can only have a filed half the size then a quarter... rubbish if YO isnt prepared to be understanding and is taking this stallions welfare over your mares then move.... sharpish!

happyhack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be looking for another yard myself....

[/ QUOTE ]

same. totally unreasonable and bl00dy stupid to put a stallion opposite a mare I'd say!

Cop-Pop

Visit site
Sounds v unreasonable to me - surely if you've been their that long they should listen to you? What are the other yards like in the area?

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
I have a different prediciment to you - i as a YO feel really bad asking someone to move there horse to a smaller stable even though that is the stable they first had when they comeand they dont pay anymore for the bigger one i let them have when it was empty !!

Also the pony is only 14hh !!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have a different prediciment to you - i as a YO feel really bad asking someone to move there horse to a smaller stable even though that is the stable they first had when they comeand they dont pay anymore for the bigger one i let them have when it was empty !!

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me Stacey - I was asked to move Amy from a very big stable in to a much smaller one - but something that was perfectly adequate for her size (14.2hh). I didn't have a problem with that as it was a reasonable request.

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me Stacey - I was asked to move Amy from a very big stable in to a much smaller one - but something that was perfectly adequate for her size (14.2hh). I didn't have a problem with that as it was a reasonable request.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not a huge stable just slightly bigger so would rather have my 15.3 mare in there !! when the guy first came he had a 10x10 stable but when other stables were built i said he could have the 12x10 as it was then free !!

this would also only be for a few months while some more stables were being built xx