Sorry - but another how much

Sarahgema

Visit site
14.2hh (LHC) BSJA (with winnings) 14yr old gelding, fantastic jump xc and showjumping (jumping 1.30's) works in an outline, competes dressage. good to do in all ways, chunky type with good bone but no feather. up to weight, fit and healthy. safe hack alone/ comp.
downfall - has to be lead to and from field in chiffney (if he sees grass he will have it) but if chiffney on he won't try anything and he comes to call and opens mouth to put it on.
Sensible price for this pony please.

Sarahgema

Visit site
Hes jumping 1.30 at comps, he will happily jump 1.10s all day long - he needs a rider to help him abit for the 1.30s but still way capable of competing them.
Just didnt know what to price him at due to his handling on the ground. It doesn't bother me that he needs a chiffney but due to im been a 14.2 he will need a junior to compete him and i didn't know if this would effect value?

millitiger

Visit site
imo, if he is jumping 1.30m competitively i don't think the chifney will put many people off- most children jumping that height have stay at home horsey mothers who tend to do the ponies for them (generalisation perhaps but normally the way it works!).

i would say around £4.5k/£5k if very nice looking but i don't look too hard at ponies for sale so not very up to date on their prices!

lferguson977

Visit site
agreed- for a 14-16 y/o (the age you are showjumping a 14.2) a chiffney shouldn't be a problem, especially at that level.

I'd say at least 4000, given he is 14...
smile.gif
Good luck - I miss competing ponies!