Sorry ... but how much?

Lou_bert

Visit site
I am thinking about selling my horse and I don't have a clue about how much to put her up for ?

she is a 9 year old, 15.2hh, Dapple Grey mare. Grandsire Ben Farie and Grandam Welton Fancy That. She has represented the Bath Riding Club and Avon Vale Hunt Pony Club at area competitons, with her score always counting. She has done BE upto Pre-Novice ... heres the link to her record <font color="red"> http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/Events/Results.aspx?HorseId=58898&amp;section=000100010002 </font>.

xc1.jpg

showjumping2.jpg

dressage.jpg

Thank you
laugh.gif

Cruiseonamiro

Visit site
It seems she competed intro and PN as a 4 and 5 year old... Nice clean xc jumping record, whats she like temprement and riding wise? As in how good is her flatwork? I'd say in the region of 7k... sorry if this is a way out.

Lou_bert

Visit site
Her flatwork is improving from what it used to be. This is a pic taken yesterday.

SilvieinField027.jpg

She's good to clip and everything. It's just as you can tell I am far to big for her. Also shes a very good hunter and jumps anything put in front of her
grin.gif

Thanks

Lou_bert

Visit site
Thanks . . . we bought her for a bit more than that but i would rather see her enjoying herself with someone else than me making money on her
tongue.gif

DollyPentreath

Visit site
She looks lovely. As far as I can see she has proven eventer breeding (Plus my gelding is Welton x Ben Faerie, so I am biased!) and has a consistent record, maybe not awe inspiring but consistent and I assume, amateur produced? Your only down side is the fact she's 15.2 and not 16.2, so you're looking at a smaller market, PC or JRN homes I expect. The fact she's under 10 is also a plus point in my books. If she is safe, straightforward and hunts sensibly these are your plus points for a rider coming off ponies wanting their first proven eventer.

In my mind, with an advert that targets the right people and emphasises the right things you could ask between 8 - 10k.
smile.gif

Lou_bert

Visit site
she was home breed, and went to event with a semi-professional when she was 5/6. then she went to the pc dc's daughter for a few years then I have had for a year and done many unaffiliated comps on her and just started BE and planning on doing west wilts next month!

Thanks Shaab, those are the best breeding lines
tongue.gif

DollyPentreath

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Shaab, those are the best breeding lines

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't they just! We joke ours is by Wobbly Apollo by a Ben Furry mare though, one day he'll realise he's bred to be an olympian.
grin.gif
And I'll see you at West Wilts all being well.

ihatework

Visit site
She is lovely, her colouring will help sell her and her breeding is fashionable as well.

She looks like a clean reliable jumper for a RC/PC person

Maybe I am just tight but I think you will struggle to get some of the prices quoted here given that she has average dressage and looks to be schooling in a standing martingale, but I am willing to be proved wrong.

I would be looking at the 6-7K bracket personally

Lou_bert

Visit site
it's not a standing martingale ... i know it looks like it but it's only a running and I never usually school her in a martingale, that was because I was about 2 jump her! IMO i think that 6-7k is quite tight, but maybe i'm just bias!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
She's not too old, a lovely looking horse and has a reasonable BE record, plus no obvious problems, so I would say try her at £8000 and see if anyone responds.
Prices are so random, there is a horse I know for sale which has had good placings in only Intro in it's four outings, is a similar type of mare, yet it's for sale for £15k.. They have been offered £13500..
We sold a mare with three out of four places in Intro placed, numerous wins HT and done just about everything including going clear round Bicton's BE Nov/Intermediate course, but as a hot ride she only made £3500..
If they have any sort of glitch they drop drastically in value.
The key appears to be good in all three phases, though after hearing that I reckon my guestimate for Bossanovas's mare the other day is probably too low!
A horse is only worth what someone will eventually pay for it, and yours is eyecatching and very favoured bloodlines for breeding later, perhaps try a daft figure and be prepared to drop if no-one shows any interest?
I'd try her on the PC site if I were you she looks just the job for there.

Lou_bert

Visit site
Thanks henryhorn ... shes a very honest horse and always gets me out of trouble
crazy.gif
!!!

Prices are varying so much now adays, i'll just have to wait and see!

Thanks everyone

x

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Not sure if it helps at all, but your mare is very similar to my 15.1hh 11 year old gelding I sold at the end of last year. He had a reasonable BE record, with dressage not being his favourite phase! http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/Events/Results.aspx?HorseId=64516&amp;section=000100010002

However, he was a fantastic wee thing to handle, hunted brilliantly and was placed in nearly every unaff competition he did. I sold him for £7,500 and he's gone to a pony club home where he's introduced his young rider to eventing.