SOS - Dog on Death Row - all help needed please..Urgent

catembi

Visit site
Came back on to look for news, hoping for a happy ending.

(You are probably sick of people saying, 'I'd have him but...' We have 2 Rottweilers & the male is an ex-rescue who is very aggressive with other dogs, otherwise we'd help.)

Really, really hope the doggy gets his forever home.

T x

ladyt25

Visit site
Have you tried dogs trust Leeds or Whitehall dog rescue? Maybe blue cross? It's so hard isn't it as noone can vouch for a dog's temperament when history is unknown :-(

dalesponydiva

Visit site
Have tried all dog rescues near and far.... no success, I'm afraid.

Here are pics of the boy, as promised. As we have no details on his previous life a rescue is the best option. He would then get the correct assessment.

005.jpg

006.jpg

ladyt25

Visit site
Any updates yet?

God, I feel frustrated by any of these cases - just one yesterday on FB (a lurcher) who was in a similar predicament!

I could take him but it wouldn't be fair as I already have to take my dog to my parents for them to look after in the day when I at work.

However, if you get to the stage where you are desperate, I am willing to foster - just worry as he'd have to be left during the day. Still, would be better than being PTS. I could then maybe badger the Dogs Trust down the road to take him!

putasocinit

Visit site
I hope something wonderful has come from this, poor boy, i wish i could take him. Please someone give him a home. They are not aggressive. They can be like any other dog if treated wrong, e.g. Kids pulling on ears or throwing themselves down on top of them.

dalesponydiva

Visit site
So I must have rung over 100 rescues and the answer is no everytime.

If anyone has any connections with rescues can we please ask and try to get a place for this guy. Thanking you all for your support and private messages.

I just want to have a happy ending for this one x

SKY

Visit site
Bump. Sounds like he needs a older person. No children as can't be sure of history. So bump bump bump. Keep us updated. Thank god he has you for time being giving him a chance.

PingPongPony

Visit site
are you the xyzabc cba person on fb??? As there is a woman who said that she'll take him, and someone with the above name asked the woman to contact her. Just checking that it's you :)

canteron

Visit site
Bumping - Staffies are really lovely people.

My friend has a staffie and as a single girl says she has the best of all worlds, a great dog that people respect, she always feels safe with him.

Battersea Dogs Home have a section of the joys of Staffies if any doubts.

Oh, and did I mention that they don't shed a lot of hair which has lots of advantages!!!!

dalesponydiva

Visit site
UPDATE....UPDATE....UPDATE.........HAPPY ENDING

Hello everyone, sorry not posted but not been able to log in.

GREAT NEWS... the white staffy has been homed. I have got him a great home. lovely experienced home. He has been neutered and id chipped today. Will start vaccinations on Friday and then off to new home. He is local so I will see what he is up to.

THANK YOU... to each and every one of you who has sent messages, private messages and good wishes. It has all helped and I am proud that people I don't know personally have all rallied round and supported me and this little dog.
What a wonderful forum and wonderful members. I am not ashamed to say that I cried when I realised he was saved and going to a new home. Thank you everyone and we all deserve a big pat on the back. God Bless xxx