South Of England BE PN Report

Hattikins

Visit site
Well Hattie went to do the PN there today (not with me as the accreditation rules have changed and so i have to do another intro before i can take her PN - stupid really as im going to be 16 in 3 weeks so will be able to ride her straight out at PN without any worries!!) anyway so a pro very kindly took her instead!
wink.gif

Weather was fabulous (made Hattie very sleepy though!!), they got off to a good start with a dressage of 36.7 - they broke in the canter once and wouldnt have done if he had ridden her a little more before today as he wasnt used to riding a sluggish eventer!! but pleased none the less
wink.gif

The SJ course seemed fair and up to height though actually it caused lots of problems in most of the PN sections, He rode her brilliantly and they cruised round for a clear which was really nice
grin.gif

Then she had a 40minute wait untill the XC and fell totally fell asleep, using the side of the lorry to keep her head up off the floor!!!!!
blush.gif
tongue.gif
Eventually her turn came and we gave her pilot instructions to take all the short routes if possible and if she was going to have any sticky moments it would be at the first fence (flower bed), sure enough they rocketed out of the start box and she had a real look at the first fence then she was away over the next 6 fences and then she came back into view
smile.gif
then it was the chair, 2 strides to narrow chair which she flew neatly through, then the trakhener - no problems there, steeplechase, then log, 2 steps down to off set role top which apparently she took in her stride
grin.gif
followed by the quarry - she hesitated at the coffin but kept moving forwards and was fine. She was on the run for home and just kept running and jumping
grin.gif
then she splashed happily through the water and hopped over the hanging log to finish
laugh.gif
she was CLEAR and inside the time
laugh.gif
cool.gif
hehee - we were so happy and relieved - she was ace and her jockey rode her brilliantly
smile.gif

So after a very long day which started with dressage at 12.08 and finished with prize at 5.00pm after the grand national
wink.gif
they came 6th
grin.gif
laugh.gif
so very very chuffed with my white faced marey and very grateful to her pilot for the day who did a fab job
cool.gif

how did the rest of you do that went today??
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Briliant what a great day youve all had.

Well done, and big pats to snoozy Hattie, she woke up when she was required which was what mattered.
smile.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
thankyou everyone
smile.gif

Good luck to Vicky!
grin.gif

Yups BBs!! she did wake up - just about
wink.gif
smirk.gif
she was ready for a very long snoozle when she got back though!!

Helen - thankyou
smile.gif
yes im off to do Mattingley intro hopefully and then maybe Borde Hill intro and then we will reassess the situation
wink.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Well done Hattie!
Will you be partnering her on her next run? Must be frustrating to not ride her yourself, I could never let anyone else compete mine
crazy.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
Yup im partnering her at Mattingley and hopefully for the rest of this season and onto the next
grin.gif
We may get the same jockey to take her round her first Novice though as i have never ever had experience jumping higher XC than PN and neither has Hattie therefore it would be good if one or other of us had had a good experience round a novice before we tackle one together
wink.gif

It was lovely watching someone else ride her but i was itching to ride her myself too
tongue.gif
They did eachother proud today
smile.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
hehee thankies Vic
smile.gif
Well he's off box rest and been given the all clear from the vet so im just about to start walking him out and we will start the fitness programme all over again
wink.gif
smile.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
oooooo how did you do Tigers eye??

lol i walked the JRN course yesterday aswell as the PN course and i kept saying - "i could jump this on Fiddler" and then i was looking at the intermediate course and saying - "Hattie could jump that" and my Mum was like - "hang on a minute - Fiddler has been off for over 1 year and could never event again if he is too much of a hooligan, and you and Hattie have been round 1 intro!!" (Whoops!! think i may be getting my hopes too high!!)
tongue.gif
blush.gif
crazy.gif

vic07

Visit site
not at all. aim high and kick on.

Really good news about F. So pleased for you. Did they ever work out what he did?

Hattikins

Visit site
havent got a clue what he did - just praying that this is problems over for him - he doesnt deserve another set back - he is desperate for a good blast XC but atm he is so full of himself we may be over the hills and far away if i take him schooling!
blush.gif
tongue.gif

LOL i dont mind the XC - i could probably have got Hattie round parts of the novice course (not very stylishly though!) - i just loath the SJ
blush.gif
thats when i get really nervous! its just lucky that that is Hattie's favourite phase so maybe she can teach me and thing or two about the ups and downs of coloured poles
wink.gif
smile.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Well roll on three weeks when we can chuck you on her for the PN, abit pants for you about the rules shifting, especially when you are so close to your sweet 16th, but sounds like a rather fabby day for Hattie, even if she did have a snooze inbetween
grin.gif

prudunce

Visit site
wow,waht a fab pony!! who rode her for you??always wondered how my lil mare wud go wiva pro on her back but dont like the thought of anyone else riding her!! but if they r fab riders its a good move!!Your Southeast area arnt u???