Spam Email about Horses For Loan?

DreamOfNoReturn

Visit site
Hi guys,

So the other day I emailed a person on Equine Ads about a horse for loan. And today I received an email back.

The email stated that the owner had moved from one country to another with the horses for work, and that if I could not pick the horses up from where she currently stayed, then she could arrange a home delivery. She stated that she did not want any money for the horses, only good homes, but has asked for my name in full, the city I live (which she should know as it was stated in the ad), my home address, my postcode, my mobile and land line number and the names of the horses I wish to take.

Even though she asks for no money, only a good home, I have been asked to pay £250 for the home delivery of the horse and toys, blankets and clothing and health papers. And considering that the majority of horses I know don't wear clothing and have toys, I am also on guard. Also, the names of each horse were not stated in the ad or the email I received.

Just thought I would come on here to warn everyone in case it is spam. I am just about to notify Equine Ads themselves. The ad was written in very poor English, and the response was also very badly written and slightly incoherent.
I am not sure if the ad is genuine, but just reading it it sounds really suspicious and is setting alarm bells off in my head.

DreamOfNoReturn

Visit site
It was also stated that she had one male and two female horses for loan.

I was sent a picture of 3 different horses, however, the actual ad on Equine Ads has another completely different horse on it as well.

horsebenny

Visit site
It's a scam, avoid at all costs and let Equiads know....when I was looking to sell a showjumper a few years ago and I got a not dissimilar reply from someone who wanted to buy my 'lovely pet' without seeing or trying him and would send me payment for shipping...only someone owed them money so I'd be sent a cheque from a company which would be more than the price of the horse and I was to bank the cheque, take the price of the horse and wire them the rest of the money by Western Union....I knew it was a scam so said 'that's fine, obviously I'll have to wait until the cheque properly clears - or my bank talks to the company issuing the cheque - before sending any money to you. Strangely I never heard from them again....