Spanish Fly/Stable Spray

assuan

Visit site
All the stables I've visited in Spain have this spray that they use on the stable walls as an fly repellent - a couple have also watered it down and use on their horses.

It's great stuff, not a fly in sight (one of the guys used to spray some on his cap to keep them away from him too)

I did get it written down for me a while ago, but lost it on the way home.

Anyone know what it is?

Auslander

Visit site
Can't help with the name of the product, but your title made me choke on my cornflakes!

Google spanish fly, if you don't know what I'm on about!

assuan

Visit site
Tri Tec 14 sounds good, I see it lasts for days, so no need to reapply everyday, but I think you'd need a lot of it to coat stables in, so it would most likely work out quite expensive! lol so I'm guess the spanish are using something else.

Might get some to give it a go, see if it works out more cost effective and insect effective than my home made solution.

LJN

Visit site
I know the stuff you mean, my friend uses it on the outside of their house and it lasts for ages - they spray it on twice a year and it's amazing.

I will ask her what it is called and let you know.

Auslander

Visit site
Tri Tec 14 sounds good, I see it lasts for days, so no need to reapply everyday, but I think you'd need a lot of it to coat stables in, so it would most likely work out quite expensive! lol so I'm guess the spanish are using something else.

Might get some to give it a go, see if it works out more cost effective and insect effective than my home made solution.

Tritec 14 is fabulous on horses, but would work out v expensive on stables. It's not licensed in this country as a horse fly spray, but that's what it was developed for. I use it, and my horse has been virtually fly free whilst others in the field have been crawling with them.

WelshD

Visit site
You can get stuff from agricultural merchants for use in buildings on cattle and pig farms. It's not behind the counter so can't be a restricted product.

Becca-84

Visit site
Pixxie supona may be right. The vets I worked at used it as flea repellent. Diluted 2ml per litre of water so went a long way and would be cheap. Don't think you can get it in uk though.