spanish horses at sheffield

wildcard

Visit site
So I've been unbelievably lucky and have won VIP tickets to go and see the Spanish horses with backstage tour and early performance, now I've never been to Sheffield arena before. And was wondering if anyone new the best place to park if they have on site or if better to get bus or train? If anyone's been already and want share experiences and what they thought I'd Love to hear :)

MissCandy

Visit site
I'm from Sheffield and I'm going to see the Spanish horses on Friday - can't wait!

There is parking at the arena, think it costs between £5-£10. There is also an entertainment complex directly opposite which people do use as parking for the arena. However, I'm pretty sure there are restrictions and you may get a ticket so I personally wouldn't risk it. There are side roads which don't have parking restrictions and you can park for free.

You can get the train but the train station is nowhere near the arena. There is a tram stop directly outside the train station and the tram will take you to the arena, although if you get the tram from the station you will need to change trams once from the blue to yellow route. Think it costs about £3-£4.

I will be driving and most likely parking at the arena.

deb_l222

Visit site
I'm going on Saturday and can't wait now, we seem to have had the tickets for ages!!

Ditto what misscandy says really. Super tram will drop you right outside arena but to be honest, parking isn't too much hassle at arena and they're fairly well organised. We're taking the car.

How wonderful that you have back stage passes, have a fabulous time.

wildcard

Visit site
Thank you both very much for the information Defoe going to take car now :) eek super excited hope you
both have a wonderful time will have to do a post afterwards to see what you thought obvs not before Saturday don't want to spoil anything for you deb :)

BayLady

Visit site
I'm also from Sheffield. Parking is about £6 at the arena itself but we usually park up on the small industrial site 5 minutes walk away (free) and then walk across. It's not so much to save the parking, just that it's 10x quicker to get out than if we park at the arena.

Tram is £4 for a day rider ticket which generally works out cheaper than two singles. You'd want the Meadowhall (yellow) tram so would need to get on the tram at the train station (blue or purple) and then change at Ponds Forge onto the yellow tram going in the opposide direction. Sounds more long winded than it generally is.

coloured_c0b

Visit site
How amazing was last night!! Second time I've seen them and just as good as the first time round!! Anyone going tonight your in for a treat!!! We was sat on the floor right next to the arena and just wow those horses were just gorgeous!!!

lelly

Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it. We're going tomorrow afternoon, can't wait! It was a last minute decision, only bought tickets yesterday. Taking granddaughter, she will be so excited.

deb_l222

Visit site
We got back about an hour ago and it's fair to say a fabulous time was had by all, what a superb evening!!

My favourite bit was the solo, single handed rider. I don't think I've seen anyone ride that well ever and may not in the future. I could also listen to Carl Hester rattle on all day, so that was good.

We somehow managed to get amazing seats as well lol.

wildcard

Visit site
I had an absolutely amazing time such beautiful horses and have to say for me Lee Pearson was just breath taking he is such an inspiration and makes you realise hard work does pay off and dreams can come true despite circumstances. Would highly recommend to anyone thinking of going