Sparkford bridleways

skewbaldmillie

Visit site
Does anybody know of any good bridleways within 10 miles of sparkford/south barrow. Preferably with somewhere to park maybe unless they are really close

Shazzababs

Visit site
There is one that goes from Babcary to Lydford on Fosse (parallel to the A37).

Its only a couple of miles, but is dead straight for a good gallop and does include a Ford through the river, so maybe worth a visit if you also want some water practice.

It would be pretty wet at this time of year though, so maybe wait for spring.

If you go, be careful of the end of the track as there is a very spooky railway bridge and no gate at the end (it comes out on to the road to Castle Cary)

You might be able to park in the Pub Car Park at Babcary, or the one in Lydford if you asked them in advance.

Otherwise you could take the other bridle path from South Barrow that comes out almost in Babcary (Also really wet at the moment.

attachment.php

Yellow Line = Start of track to Lydford En Fosse
Red Line = Nr Babcary to not too far from South Barrow Track.

PM me if you want some company (horse not very fit though!)

Singing dawg - I've never been able to find the start of the Yeovilton paths (despite hacking with a map in hand). Can you give me any tips on where to look?

skewbaldmillie

Visit site
Thanks shazzababs will have a look at the one near South barrow when its dry, hopefully can get some other liveries to hack with me in spring, shame is I live in queen camel and horse lives in south barrow so when there is an hour of sun I have to get ready to go and get there and tack up groom etc so I normally miss the sun