Sparsholt Collage

Wonderlander

Visit site
Is anyone aware of the turnout situation for livery horses?

Ive had experience of colleges having a 'rotated turn out' actually mean '2 hours 3 times a week', so wanting to know if anyone has experience of their turnout vs. their website?

scruffyponies

Visit site
I think they have plenty of grazing. Everything was out during lockdown a couple of weeks ago.

That said, I have just taken back a pony who was badly injured through being turned out with unfamiliar and much larger shod horses (that's if you believe their official story - unofficially we were told it happened while they were being led to the field). Whether poor judgement or poor handling, it cost him a nasty puncture wound and very nearly a broken leg. They also didn't seem to be able to have basic care skills ("we couldn't pick his feet up!"). He's a quiet 14hh NF; you can easily lift and hold his foot one handed loose in the field.

I don't trust their competence and wouldn't put a horse of mine there again.

Wonderlander

Visit site
I think they have plenty of grazing. Everything was out during lockdown a couple of weeks ago.

That said, I have just taken back a pony who was badly injured through being turned out with unfamiliar and much larger shod horses (that's if you believe their official story - unofficially we were told it happened while they were being led to the field). Whether poor judgement or poor handling, it cost him a nasty puncture wound and very nearly a broken leg. They also didn't seem to be able to have basic care skills ("we couldn't pick his feet up!"). He's a quiet 14hh NF; you can easily lift and hold his foot one handed loose in the field.

I don't trust their competence and wouldn't put a horse of mine there again.

Hi Scruffyponies. Thank you for getting back to me! This is more to take my horse with me rather than loan him to the collage, so hopefully wouldn't be having any of the above issues. But that is slightly worrying to hear!