Speechless.... Poor horse

Mince Pie

Visit site
From calm to headshy in under 1 minute...
Where was the owner in all of this? If that was my horse I would have stepped in immediately and removed him and myself from the 'clinic'. I've done it before and would do it again.

Goldenstar

Visit site
That's been posted here before I am a peaceable person be would love to give that stupid ignorant *** a smack in the face with a rope .
Poor little horse it's face said it all.
I hate these people , pedalling nonsense to the scared and ignorant .

thewonderhorse

Visit site
Where was the owner in all of this? If that was my horse I would have stepped in immediately and removed him and myself from the 'clinic'. I've done it before and would do it again.

This!!!^^ Why did someone not pipe up and say something!! I know i certainly would have!

Poor blumming horse :(

Plus! The moment the chap in the green jacket got hold of the horse, the horse calmed right down.

That woman needs a slap!!

Last edited:

Pendlehog

Visit site
Jesus...
Anyone speak good enough French to tell us what she's claiming to be doing in this clip?! She deserves a good kicking herself. Utterly disgusting.

Elbie

Visit site
Was this at a clinic of some kind?

I wonder if it's the whole "person of authority" situation, where people watching know it is wrong but consider the offender to be an 'expert' and therefore know's what she is doing and don't want to question her.

Same as Milgram's experiment in the 60s where people administered a potential lethal electric shock to a person (that wasn't actually there) because a dr in a white coat told them to

Illusion100

Visit site
Was this at a clinic of some kind?

I wonder if it's the whole "person of authority" situation, where people watching know it is wrong but consider the offender to be an 'expert' and therefore know's what she is doing and don't want to question her.

Same as Milgram's experiment in the 60s where people administered a potential lethal electric shock to a person (that wasn't actually there) because a dr in a white coat told them to

Think it was a 'clinic' scenario although total ******* farce seems more appropriate! Agree with your opinion, why everyone didn't just leave with their horses asap is worrying.

shadowboy

Visit site
I hate Parelli for this very reason... Too easy to prey on those who can't see what they are being taught is wrong. That girl is clueless and achieved nothing positive. Only turned a calm happy horse headshy in a matter of minutes

hnmisty

Visit site
I have seen a very similar video with Pat Parelli. It was a lovely horse who just didn't understand why it was having a rope waved in its face, then when it stepped back it was yanked with the leadrope.

It's utter codswallop but "natural horsemanship" is all the rage now so I'm sure there are plenty of idiots around doing this. Not saying NH is pants, but suddenly half the world seem to be going in for parelli and its imitators which just seems to be an absolute load of b*llucks to me!

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site

I didn't know what she was wanting the horse to do, so how on earth was the poor horse meant to!! Bl**dy Stupid woman.

Illusion100

Visit site
I have seen a very similar video with Pat Parelli. It was a lovely horse who just didn't understand why it was having a rope waved in its face, then when it stepped back it was yanked with the leadrope.

It's utter codswallop but "natural horsemanship" is all the rage now so I'm sure there are plenty of idiots around doing this. Not saying NH is pants, but suddenly half the world seem to be going in for parelli and its imitators which just seems to be an absolute load of b*llucks to me!

I appreciate the concept of NH but think it should be left in the hands of the experts (monty r), otherwise it is potentially very dangerous particularly in novice hands. It seems to be an ideal but not a reality unless years of experience included.

Still trying to get over the fact this woman seems to be a trainer.....still struggling to find the words!

twiggy2

Visit site
I just see someone with no patience who becomes frustrated and is unable to adapt the way of dealing with a problem, they are not robots and we need to change our approach sometimes to get the best out of a horse.

my daughters mare would behave like that if someone treated her like that and she is the sweetest most gentle mare, she has hang ups from a long distance past but if a stranger came stomping in with that aggressive attitude, flapping their hands in her face, yanking and pulling she would act to defend herself by turning her body onto you, if you behaved like that with mine she would tell you to F off with both back feet.

Illusion100

Visit site
I just see someone with no patience who becomes frustrated and is unable to adapt the way of dealing with a problem, they are not robots and we need to change our approach sometimes to get the best out of a horse.

my daughters mare would behave like that if someone treated her like that and she is the sweetest most gentle mare, she has hang ups from a long distance past but if a stranger came stomping in with that aggressive attitude, flapping their hands in her face, yanking and pulling she would act to defend herself by turning her body onto you, if you behaved like that with mine she would tell you to F off with both back feet.

Agreed. My youngster would come at her with 2 front feet no holds barred. Watching vid I was waiting for horse to kick her, amazed it didn't happen.

doriangrey

Visit site
But what was she trying to prove? I don't get it, the horse looked calm enough. Oh god, wait until some tries that with a horse that doesn't back off :(

undergroundoli

Visit site
Still trying to get over the fact this woman seems to be a trainer.....still struggling to find the words!

I thought she was at one of those things where several people share a trainer and the trainer wasn't looking?

Watching vid I was waiting for horse to kick her, amazed it didn't happen.

Me to. For me the horse being so clearly lovely made it worse.

Poor horse.

twiggy2

Visit site
But what was she trying to prove? I don't get it, the horse looked calm enough. Oh god, wait until some tries that with a horse that doesn't back off :(

'I think' she was trying to get the horse to move out of her space by backing up to start with but it looks like the horse has learnt to step into your space to make you back off/or it was confused. then she tries to get the horse to yield to pressure but she is aggressive in doing this too so the horse shields it's face by blocking with its body-looks to me like she is trying to run before she can walk-it takes varying time to teach each of the steps that would get you to the level that she is asking this horse to communicate at, it's clear the horse (rightly) has no trust in this woman.

I have done some basic ground work with my mare and she loves it, I am not a great fan of the parelli method without experienced sympathetic help to guide people it can all go horribly wrong but it repeatedly says in the bumf that if you allow 2 days for a horse to learn an new thing then you will never be dissapointed (or words to that effect). both of the horses in the clip were confused and given no time to think the second one just was a different nature and got pot luck by giving the right response to her actions.

magicmoose

Visit site

Agreed.

Set herself and the horse up badly for what she wanted to achieve (moving away from a gesture I think)
Poor body positioning
Poor timing
Hanging onto the horse's head a foot from his nose
Inconsistent pressure and release
Losing temper and kicking the horse
Standing on the rope

All in all not a very pretty picture and one confused horse! It looks like she's watched a few NH DVDs and set herself up as an instructor.

babymare

Visit site
she pushed that calm horse to fail poor beast. Im sorry i will never like parelli and will never label it as NH. Its pure agression towards horses and has no damn place in the horse world. And as for the owners . you poor weakminded specimens to stand there and watch someone abuse your horse for no damn reason. jesus that horse was so bloody calm before that woman started.I will stay with my quiet firm consistent approach thank you very much