Speeding giant tractors and huge farm machinery

Taisypops

Visit site
I think though Rollin that they didn't trot, they walked the whole way which probably to the famer appeared to be deliberatley winding him up. (Absolutely not excusing his actions but sometimes you just have to trot to get out the way, at least it looks as though you are trying.)

Have you seen my later posts about this? The farmer accelerated towards us so fast before we even had a chance to turn round that all the horses were so wound up that we all barely managed to maintain control....I was on my friends horse who cantered sideways and bunny hopped all the way down the road....

Taisypops

Visit site
Oh and it was the farmer not a contractor......I am however not having a go at all farmers most Ive met have been very considerate to me and my friends while out on the horses....however not everyone in the world is a nice/reasonable person whether they are a farmer or a horse rider....x

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Me and two of my friends were chased down a very narrow track by a farmer in a massive tractor with a trailer on the back with about ten bales big bales of hay on it. We had a good mile and a half to go before the track was wide enough to pass and he reved the engine very loudly and tooted the horn at us the whole way, he was also only a few feet behind us!! All the horses were freaked out and all usually very capable of quietly walking past a considerate farmer in a tractor....so I understand where the OP is coming from....x

If this happened to me, I'd have stopped in the middle of the road and pulled out the phone to call 999....

Oh yea, I would!

Done with a van before....he soon apologized when I said I was calling the police as someone was trying to run me down!

Overreaction? Not a chance!

MOST of us do our best to be considerate for all road-users, but sometimes you just have to have the back-up to show that you won't be bullied....

Lego

Visit site
At my old yard the tractor drivers were fab-once got caught on thr track by the allotments by one where the track is narrow. I stopped on the field edge and faced the tractor whilst he crept past with much encouragement from me...took half the hedge with him and saw in mirrors it spooked the horse a bit and stopped to check I was ok before he left us. Fab.

New yard - the farmers are ok but not fab. Was waiting to turn right back into yard and one with trailer tried to squeeze past on our left - until I gave the death stare over my shoulder...

Previous yard wad horrendous... Polish contractor driving all tractors etc. Even on thr yard he would rev and shove past - he once chased me across the yard with the prongs down when it was icey. At least he was just as bad on the road with other traffic!