Speedo not working on horsebox

Mr Punch

Visit site
Sent my lorry to have the tachograph calibrated as its an HGV. It’s come back now with the Speedo no longer working.

It’s an old Iveco.

Has anyone had this problem and know if it’s an easy problem to fix?

Fiona

Visit site
They may not have connected it to the back of the accelerator cable properly when putting it back together?

I seem to remember having that problem a few years ago on our old box.

Take it back and ask them to fix, they shouldn't charge if it was working before you left it in.

Michen

Visit site
Mine had the whole thing replaced before I bought it. Earlier this year it stopped working, then started working again. It went on like this for about six months but now it consistently works... no idea why!!!

AandK

Visit site
Take it back and ask them to fix it. If it was working before you took it in, then sounds like they have left something unconnected possibly.

shirl62

Visit site
I had an old iveco daily..The speedo wasn't working and I seem to remember is was due to the earth wire. The garage thought it was something else but I seem to remember I was a member on a self build camper forum. Sure enough it was the earth to the battery i think...it worked!

Shirl

eggs

Visit site
I used to have this problem. My mechanic advised opening and then slamming shut the cover for the paper disc that you put in the tachograph (sorry, as you can tell I am not at all mechanically minded). Most of the time this fixed the problem with the speedo not working.

conniegirl

Visit site
Open the tacho, give your tacho key a wiggle, slam it closed and lock it with the key.

If the above doesnt work then they havnt connected something

Louby

Visit site
Mines the same, I open and shut the tacho thingy and ater a mile or two it works fine. Mine worked fine until the paper disk was taken out, keep meaning to buy some more just to see if it works as I dont need it apart from wanting the speedo to work!

turnbuckle

Visit site
Have a look and see if the needle is sitting on the stop pin around 10mph or is below it.

It may have jumped it, in which case taking off the glass and very gently lfiting it over should solve....

BethanT

Visit site
Mine does this. I have no found that if I leave the Tacho open when I turn the isolator off, then wait for the top needle to drop back down, in the tacho, and then shut the tacho it works. Mine is also an Iveco, 2002 HGV.

Mr Punch

Visit site
Took it back for the garage who calibrated the tachograph and turns out they left something out for driver two (not quite sure what) but anyway working fine now.