Speetly and Solihull unaffiliated ODE? Anyone been?

Starbucks

Visit site
There are apparently events at the above on 3rd and 10th September but neither have the schedules up yet.

Has anyone been to either? Are they round the BE course? What are they like?

TIA

mrsh2010

Visit site
Solihull run on the BE course. You can see all their XC courses on You Tube

The showjumping is on a surface. Their SJs are up to height and usually wide (I have an oxer fear!)

The XC is lovely, but last time I went fence 5 was back in the same field as the start box, so my lad saw the lorry park and wanted to go home. Turns out afterwards he has an eyesight problem, so may have been something to do with our retirement, but I know others have had the same issue.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Haven't competed at solihull but have schooled there and been to the ua events with friends.

Apart from the oh so crazy sj warmup I think it is a lovely event, and in fact I will be taking my big idiot there for his first event in September :)

Starbucks

Visit site
Thanks all. I have been to Solihull a few years ago BT I can't remember what it was like - I didn't run XC because it as too wet and then the clutch went on the way home. Hope it goes a bit better this time!

dark rider

Visit site
I fence judged at Speetley affiliated this year. If the unaffil is the same then the SJ is on a surface and the XC is lovely. Ground can get a bit hard but they do rotivate it. It wouldn't be hard today! Last time I competed the DR was on a bit of a slope but that could be different now.
Solihull, last time I was there, was SJ on a surface and again a nice XC.