Spillers gro and win

Horseysheepy

Visit site
For my just turned two year old.

But bag states in feeding guide up to two year olds only.

Does anybody feed this to 2 year olds upwards?

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I'm pretty sure most feeds can be fed to most horses if you get the quantity right. I've been advised to feed veteran feeds to any age horses as they contain a lot of the beneficial vets and mins in higher quantities. I'm sure mist of it is a marketing ploy!

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I used it with both home breds, IRC it has higher protein in it for growth etc than normal balancer so where it wouldn't do any harm to feed it after 2 you are effectively spending money on something the feed companies don't think you need at this point. Spillers helpline is very good, give them a call for a chat am sure they will help if you are worried ☺️

TPO

Visit site

dorsetladette

Visit site
WOW @TPO that transformation is amazing! well done you!

I feed gro and win to both my youngsters. One is a 2yr old and has done really well on it. The other is a poor yearling who's starting to bloom now. I'll probably keep both on it until the spring they turn 3.

I'd call spillers helpline if your worried. they might be able to give you advice on what's best

Horseysheepy

Visit site
Thank you everyone.

He's been on the gro and win now for about 4 weeks. He just lacked that bit of bloom and was on poor grazing as we just haven't had the rain.
He's now on better, but not too rich grazing and has been wormed and he has really altered. He's a light type of horse anyway so I wasn't too worried that I could see ribs as they were were flat against him rather than protruding from his skin. He just lacked bloom.
He's got more energy now as well, so I think it's made a difference.
I've tried ringing Spillers helpline, but they're always busy. I'm feeding 300g a day hopefully that will give him a little extra but not too much! Also has a Himalayan salt lick.
TPO I'll pm you later, your youngster looks really good!.

Reactions: TPO

TPO

Visit site
Thank you everyone.

He's been on the gro and win now for about 4 weeks. He just lacked that bit of bloom and was on poor grazing as we just haven't had the rain.
He's now on better, but not too rich grazing and has been wormed and he has really altered. He's a light type of horse anyway so I wasn't too worried that I could see ribs as they were were flat against him rather than protruding from his skin. He just lacked bloom.
He's got more energy now as well, so I think it's made a difference.
I've tried ringing Spillers helpline, but they're always busy. I'm feeding 300g a day hopefully that will give him a little extra but not too much! Also has a Himalayan salt lick.
TPO I'll pm you later, your youngster looks really good!.

He's 10 now, that post was from 2014.

I had planned for him to be on grass and a carrier for some minerals so I was caught out when he arrived like a skeleton (the camera really does add weight because he was really tiny and boney in RL).

Spring feather, who sadly no longer posts, was a really experienced breeder so I took her advice happily.

We had grass too which helped and he was in overnight (yard rules) either adlib hay so he picked up really quickly. Also shows how badly he was kept by the stud when he was in that kind of condition in June. The spiller just helped give him a wee boost put of the rut initially.