Spillers Instant Energy Mix

applecart14

Visit site
Hi anyone used this?

Have a 17.1hh WB who struggles with his energy levels. He's getting the right vitamins and nutrients as he has pink powder in his feeds and is fed a pasture mix and readi grass but he seems totally exhausted at the end of a 30 minute ride and will often fall asleep afterwards outside his stable whilst I'm mucking it out! I usually ride for five days a week, 30 mins tops, and compete nearly every weekend, fun rides, sj and dressage.

I've had him on this instant energy mix for 9 days now and its incredible. I'm still feeding a relatively small amount (5 mugs a day, split between two feeds) but its really doing the trick. I rode tonight really intensively and hardly had to work hard at all! Usually I'm left puffing and panting at the end of a ride but tonight I felt I could have done another half an hour, and afterwards, tied up, head high Bailey felt he could have done another half hour too!

Anyone used this? What do you think?

Zargon_91

Visit site
I used the slow release version and loved it! :) I think it's really clever they are designed to be used together so you can tailor your horses requirements :)

Dollysox

Visit site
Wow - that's interesting. I've got the same problem with my 16.3 hh mare and I've been looking for something to give her a little extra "oomph" but not blow her brains out. She is on Spillers Horse & Pony Cubes with basic chaff and some Fast Fibre. Her work level has increased quite a bit recently and she seems to be struggling with her energy levels some days. I just might give it a go.

Chocy

Visit site
Any idea if they'd b good for horse who needs energy but without weight gain?
Horse gets no hard feed (just balancer for vits) but now we are doing more work he's needing a boost