Spindles Farm up for sale!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
On the contrary, I think the best thing that could happen is for it to become a rescue/rehab centre, where hope could emerge out of the terrible things that happened there.

BBH

Visit site
I think the thing should be either raised to the ground or become some sort of charity / educational centre to make sure nothing like this happens again.

I hope this disgusting family never raise their ugly heads again.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
You don't bulldoze concentration camps, you keep them up so that people can see what human beings are capable of and make them more determined that it will never happen again.

Lisamd

Visit site
Looking at the property details and seeing those pics sent shivers down my spine. I just hope that the person who buys this propert has a strong will as knowing what went on there is enough to put many people off.
On the note of JG going to spain to carry on his dealings i just hope that the UK and Spanish animal welfare groups can liase to keep an eye on his activities. Is there such a thing as a 'at risk register' or similar? If not maybe there should be?

BBH

Visit site
I have been to Spain many times and they treat their animals atrociously, I think JG will fit right in. There must be some way of stopping him.

Shotgun springs to mind but who'd have the balls to do it ?

I doubt many of the public will know the significance of that house so they will be viewing not knowing its history, the agents aren't going to say anything. Even someone with horses may buy it . Not all horse people are sentimental.

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
I understand JG and his family are all immigrating to Spain to trade in horses on the continent. Somebody should bulldoze it with them inside it at the time I say!

Oh no... Really?

Well that's it then, godforbid any more horses that come into his ''care''' their, as the spanish are not really going to be tough on horse care. Dammit, what a true shame. I bet he gets away with all sorts over there too.

Horrid oddly bred family.

Countrygirl

Visit site
I have just seen the story.
I personally think that the judge should rule that all proceeds of this sale be split between all the welfare organisations that helped to give these horses and ponies the life they deserve.
Why should dispicable people like James Gray and his family just be able to sell up move on and start the suffering all over again - as surely that is what is going to happen. Not only will more horses and ponies suffer but so will the welfare organisations. They should be able to put a worldwide ban into place for this family to ever own any animals again.

applecart14

Visit site
It wouldn't bother me what link it had to the previous occupant but I would change the name for certain. I think sadly, if anything it would be a selling point. Lots of people buy houses that have had famous murders taken place in them for example.

Kenzo

Visit site
On the contrary, I think the best thing that could happen is for it to become a rescue/rehab centre, where hope could emerge out of the terrible things that happened there.

Ditto above

Personally I couldnt buy it (if I was in the postition to of course :D) and keep my own horses there knowing all those poor animals suffered and died there, however if a resue centre could be run from there, that would be a very good thing.

gigs

Visit site
Not all Spaniards treat horses badly ! We do have the animal protection part of the Guardia called Seprona and I think given this repulsive familys history anyone based in Spain needs to pass the history on . The Guardia have a lot more power here than the RSPCA in the uk they can just take horses away .

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I hate to say it, but you'd struggle to find an equestrian property in this area with that much land, house and buildings for 1.3m.

I wouldn't want it though, knowing what went on there, but there are a lot of people looking to buy yards with a house on who do have that money, so I don't know.

ponypatter

Visit site
Am pretty sure the new high speed london to brimingham railway is due to go straight across that land (or very close to).... Wonder if this will affect potential buyers more than the horrors that occured..

Replay

Visit site
The preferred route of the High Speed Rail Link does go right through the farm, so absolutely no chance of anyone buying it at the moment. Probably trying to get it purchased by the taxpayer through the HS2 Exceptional Hardship Scheme....

bt1609

Visit site
The preferred HS2 route goes underneath not through spindles farm as its in a tunnel just as it get to this land. It will go into tunnel just before the current railway line just before spindles farm and goes underneath it for only a very short time ( sort of passes the narrowest bit of the top half of the land) and then almost directly under several other houses in the same lane)
I suspect the asking price may be low as there is an agricultural tie on the land and house as well as HS2. Only supposed to keep livestock or grow stuff I think, however despite living in the same village its notoriously difficult to find out whats actually going on there.

As it will go underneath not sure if there's any entitlement under the exceptional hardship scheme?!

First i've heard of him going to spain.

He's currently keeping a few goats and chickens on there at the moment.

PS fingers crossed HS2 will never happen, they've got a fight on their hands if they want to build it.

lindsayH

Visit site
Poor old farm, it's not its fault evil people lived there! I'd love to buy it, it's not far from me. I don't know its history before all this or how old it is but it seems a shame to talk about bulldozing it. I'd like to think someone will buy it and give it a new lease of life as a family home or something. Would def have to change the name though!