Spirit Of Tobias & Rodega Tobias

Is Your Appaloosa Very Clever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bubbles2k8

Visit site
I have a 4 year old appaloosa gelding sired by Spirit Of Tobias. i have owned Bubbles for 3 years but i am only know lookigninto his breeding ext. When i got bubbleshe was wild, terrified, skinny and full ofinfection. I dont know anythig about his past at all including his mothers side of the family as they are untracable. I would love to talk o anyone with a hors by this breeding and trade pictures and thoughts ext :D please please email me at dakots_horse@live.co m or add me on Fb at Kirstin O Legacy xx
set

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I remember Rodega Tobias - but that was about 20 years ago or so.

If I remember correctly, Rodega came from the name of Rod E Gale. We had appaloosas and used to compete against him. He used to do well in the ridden classes and was a decent showjumper.

He was related to Sutters Showboat on one side and Bantac Kaliff on the other side - Sutters Showboard was a US horse and Bantac Kaliff I think was based in Scotland (certainly somewhere in the UK). He was one of the bigger appaloosas rather than the smaller, quicker types.

bubbles2k8

Visit site
awe wow thank you so much for ur reply! that is certinally stuff i didnt know! and i am really raher interested in finding out as much as i can! so thank u again!

bilboduke

Visit site
Toby is 15.2 wonderful temperament, laid back you would hardly know he was a stallion. Very intelligent. Not really done any ridden work with him yet he has always been used for stud by his previous owners. Have got more info and pics on my website will pm you the address! Would love to know about your boy, has he got a registered name or was he not registered? Are you riding him?

bilboduke

Visit site
Sorry having trouble accessing pm with my phone, will send you website details at tea time on computer if I can't sort it before. Also your email not right as I tried to email you last night.

bubbles2k8

Visit site
Bubbles was registered with the British appaloosa Society as NorthSide Pakiel, how ever i am having this name changed as i dont like it lol im changing it to Tobias' Optical Illusion, and yes i backed him last year, as a 3 and a half year old and then he had 4 months to grow ext, he is just being brought back into work now, he has done a little bit of jumping and shows massive potiential, he is brave, careful and very scopey! xx

Toast

Visit site
This is my boy, Rodega Tobias is his great grandsire, his grandsire is Fenjay Flyer:

IMAG0316.jpg

He's clever, opinionated and grumpy, only has eyes for me and god forbid i try to do anything with my other horse!!
However, i think he's great, he jumps like a stag, moves straight as a die and has lovely floaty paces. He is four, 15.1hh and has been backed a year.
Haven't done much with him just yet due to having a really rubbish year meaning i just haven't had time. But im hoping to get him going again by the end of this year.

bubbles2k8

Visit site
Hey toast, what a beautiful looking horsey! totally gorgeous!, bubble sis the same! very jelous, but has an awesome jump, again very straight mover and has a pretty set of paces, he very short on a whole though, very compact hehe how big is your boy?

album.php

Dece11

Visit site
Hi I have been a viewing this forum for ages but have never posted till now! I have a lovely Appaloosa who sire is Fenjay Flyer ! He is five this year, almost 17 hh and is having his first BE run at Munstead in two weeks ! He is good at everything and jumps for fun, however he did spend the first three months of his ridden life bucking a lot ! :) If I work out how to post a photo I will add one!

bilboduke

Visit site
Dece11
fenjay flyer being sired by rodega tobias and being spirit of tobias half brother for those who may not know! I am pleased to hear he is going well. I have heard that toby offspring are prone to a bit of bucking however this is not something I have experienced with toby himself, as of yet anyway!

2horsesnomoney

Visit site
I have an appy X TB whos grand sire is Rodega Tobias - altough he is not spotted! but his blood lines did make me buy him!
I have been watching and reading this forum for years but never posted so i'm a new member. I to am interested in any info....
x :)

Kokopelli

Visit site
My wondeful boys grandsire was Rodega Tobias! I loved him, he was fantastic. Rode a beautiful dressage test, jumped a good size course of fences and was a real clever chap. He was just over 14.2 and was really a head turner. He wasn't pure though he had a little bit of welsh in him. I'm currently trying to track down his sister who became a broodmare so I can buy one of her foals as he was that special to me. He passed away aged 6 though, real shame as he was going to go very far and was my horse of a lifetime.

pict0012-1.jpg

His first showjumping show:
Pict0001.jpg

His first xc:
bank.png

Sadly don't have any photos of him once he started jumping less baby things as we thought we'd have all the time in the world to get them, but when he just turned 6 he was competing over 1m quite sweetly and started competing at novice dressage. He would sit with you and be fussed for hours and the only person he didn't like was the vet. :p

Sorry for huge overload, I could ramble on about Koko for hours.

painted ponies

Visit site
I have a gelding by Rodega Tobias out of a TB mare. Didnt take his dads colour unfortunately :( he is an 8yo and 17hh. He is very sweet but quirky and opinionated and boy can he jump. Below making the intermediate table look small

picture.php

painted ponies

Visit site
His name is Rodega Moses, he is out of a national hunt mare Nothings Free. Like I said he is a bit tricky so we have just ticking along at home and the odd local show but he just went to his first BE in a while last weekend and was a star, so hoping to do a little more in the future.