Splint

zoelouisem

Visit site
Daughters pony come up lame today 6 year old competition pony.
On inspection there's a small warm splint that sore to touch apart from that totally cold legs with no other swellings. She has individual bark turnout at the minute and doesn't jump about so I'm just guessing it's come up from the jumping.
We've ice tighted her and given her some Bute this evening.
What else apart from rest can we do to help it settle? Friend is getting his cold freezer boots for me tomorrow.

Nicnac

Visit site
I don't tend to bute for splints as find mine arse about if no pain! Compagel twice a day from vet plus ice vibe boots. I still turn out and ride in walk only in straight lines once heat/tenderness gone. Always find better to give more time than you think for it to be completely healed.

ohmissbrittany

Visit site
I don't tend to bute for splints as find mine arse about if no pain!

YEP mine too. Just ice and if no improvement in two weeks I'd call a vet in case there's a total fracture or something. I wrap them when in the stall to help with swelling and keep them from smacking it on anything.

zoelouisem

Visit site
Yer hosed a lot today but now have a freezer boot so will use that from tomorrow.
I haven't bandaged as she stomps a lot when she's bandaged so thought it would be counter productive.
It's not a big one she's only off on it but it is warm. Going to leave her till the heat and then put her in the pens for a week she doesn't jump around as long as she has food and hopefully be good to go.