*spoliers* Kentucky SJ

vallin

Visit site
Wooooooo! WFP class as always! AN will not be a happy camper, and some surprisingly good SJing from Buck Davidson :) all in all very exciting watching!

vallin

Visit site
And a screen shot of him receiving his trophy because he looks like a giant :D

10151167_10201107853173308_3887895466992000869_n.jpg

Re ANs round, horse just never really seemed to get into the air :( Not a lot AN could do about it TBH, maybe Avebury was just a bit tired?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Re ANs round, horse just never really seemed to get into the air :( Not a lot AN could do about it TBH, maybe Avebury was just a bit tired?

He didn't look himself XC either.

MurphysMinder, how exciting to be there. Its something we keep talking about doing. How hard/expensive was it to get there?

Nicnac

Visit site
Was very exciting - right down to the wire. No Avebury didn't look right from the outset. AN said that he (the horse) prefers dressage on grass - not sure that was the only issue. Definitely not his usual self.

Don't think his mileage is an issue - he's only 14 and hasn't been run that much at all. Hope he's ok!

Wonderful result by Big Willy and really rooting for him to get the slam!!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Honey08 we did it slightly on the cheap as my daughter is working out here, so no accommodation or car hire costs. Flights were around £500, Rolex tickets £90, that was for admission for 3 days (we blagged our way in for 2 nd day of dressage). That included grandstand seats for dressage and sj and also tickets to reining champs on sat evening and Sunday morning . Not bad I thought, not sure how it compares with Badminton etc?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Re Avebury not performing, I don't know if perhaps the heat affected him. We were seated in the undercover part of the grandstand but when you walked out to the arena level it hit you like someone had opened an oven door .

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Thanks MM, I'd be the opposite, I get cheap flights, but would have to pay for hotel and travel! What route did you fly? And was it difficult/far to get to the venue? Those ticket prices sound pretty good. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I flew Manchester to Chicago then Chicago to lexington . The venue is about 30 minutes out of lexington, not sure what public transport is like, think a hire car is best. Traffic management in and out is pretty good, minimal queues. There are loads of people camping in sod off great mobile homes, or there are some in tents, called primitive camping :), though wouldn't have fancied that in the storm we had one night !