Sponsorship

tp231

New User
Visit site
People that have been sponsored how do you go about doing this? What do you write on emails/letters etc?

I'm not looking for anything seriously major I just think I could help out promote a company for possibly some free products or a discount, something similar. I have a twitter page with around 600 followers and am thinking about making a fb page now too.

My horse is competing elem/medium, we have been to regionals, petplans, winter championships, been on regional teams etc. have been told he should make it to advanced so we are not amazing but also not completely useless!

Just looking for some advice really. Thanks in advance!

Solstar

Visit site
It may be an idea to look out for Sponsorship Competitions on Facebook and the like, we ran a sponsorship competition back in February to find our Sponsored Riders, using our Facebook and Twitter pages.

We had a huge amount of entries, loads more than originally expected, and the applicants that really stood out were the ones who offered to actively promote our business, by way of writing for our blog, wearing branded clothing to competitions (if you do compete a lot, be sure to mention it as this is the ideal way to advertise) and pushing our services.
Send some nice, clear pictures with your letter/email aswell- maybe a couple of competition shots and a couple of home ones?
Tell the company about yourself and your horse(s) and what your future goals are, in a clear, concise manner.

Hope that helps, I know it's not much!