Spooky Mare

Chinsky

Visit site
Hi Does any one if there is a product that could help my mare, she is rising 5yrs, she can be naughty, you never know what its going to be like each time you ride, she is very sharp and highly strung.
she jumps really well but does not have a very good attention i know she is young but if she see something that scares her she just plants her self
I have tried her on equiform calmer but not made any difference,
Any ideas?

imogen345

Visit site
I don't think a product will be the answer.
If she fails to keep attention on you, also being 5yrs, she is just being normal :)

Do something out of the blue, to say 'hey i'm more interesting than that thank you' kind of attitude.

Transitions and rewarding for a young horse. Simple rewards and a treat straight after a good ride at the very end will allow them to seek interest in whatever weird stuff we ask of them.

Also, when spooking, try introduce a bit of leg yield and counter bend, also avoid doing too many laps on the outside of the school, so for example when you can feel their concentration going, use your body and balance them to turn a 15m circle from wherever they are on the track at that point.

Good luck and stick at it, keep your seat about you but don't expect the spookyness and make sure your mind is on making schooling fun just as much as their mind should be.

Chinsky

Visit site
Im feeding her on Spillers Conditioning Fibre and spillers feed balancer
What do you feed your spooky horse on?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Im feeding her on Spillers Conditioning Fibre and spillers feed balancer
What do you feed your spooky horse on?

Lol :D my spooky mare gets naff all but the green stuff she walks on.

I think you have just found your problem... Why does she need so many calories?