Eventing Spooky side of the arena

ruby246

New User
Visit site
Hi all - i have been having problems in the arena recently, one side of the arena is more open and has chickens/llamas on the other side, and an electric pole which sometimes makes noises and my horse absolutely hates it. When we ride past it she starts speeding off, cutting inwards etc, and don't even get me started on when the animals move or make a sound! She's a very strong and sensitive horse so she just powers past it, as soon as we get past the side and get to the next corner she goes back on the bit, and relaxes perfectly like nothing happened. I've tried many things, letting her look at everything, walking past it many times, circling near it but nothing seems to work, just head up in the air and get as far away from it, as fast as possible.. any advice?

McFluff

Visit site
Is there a possibility that the electric pole could be earthing? Horses can be very sensitive to it, and if this is a recent development and she’s so good on the other side of the arena, that’s what I’d start to look at first.

MummyEms

Visit site
Hi all - i have been having problems in the arena recently, one side of the arena is more open and has chickens/llamas on the other side, and an electric pole which sometimes makes noises and my horse absolutely hates it. When we ride past it she starts speeding off, cutting inwards etc, and don't even get me started on when the animals move or make a sound! She's a very strong and sensitive horse so she just powers past it, as soon as we get past the side and get to the next corner she goes back on the bit, and relaxes perfectly like nothing happened. I've tried many things, letting her look at everything, walking past it many times, circling near it but nothing seems to work, just head up in the air and get as far away from it, as fast as possible.. any advice?

Could you lunge that end daily? Feed her in there that end everyday?
Treats over there everyday.
Are all the other horses worried there too?