Spooky turned chilled despite what one would expect

PollyP99

Visit site
So I posted before about my spooky section d, we've had trees pulled down due to pull back, bronced off, lost it when neck flapped a little etc.. I've also shared that we lost her field buddy of 1 year 10 days ago to a heart attack.

Soo move fwd to today, now on a busy livery yard, 36 horses coming and going, stabled at night (was out 24x7)' in isolation paddock. Me having to turn out in the dark and bring in also in the dark due to my circumstances.

Now what would you expect, send her loopy, melt down, nightmare to handle and ride etc.

No, she is so laid back its ridiculous, I rode today for the first time in the school, the noise was horrendous but she skipped around as happy as you like. She is cuddly too.

Horses are weird it's official, and no surprise to you all I'm sure but this has really shocked me, in a good way!

It says to me she is happier on a yard than out 24x7 which I never thought could be the case, she was in a quiet field with a loving friend.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Horses are individuals; maybe she prefers being in and a busy yard. I have one like that - he hates "nature" and weaves at the gate if you try to introduce the concept of grazing for a living, loves working and going out in the box, adores his "public" and gets bored if you try to give him a day off.

PollyP99

Visit site
Ha, could be, maybe confined space makes her feel secure, or simply more handling suits her. Either way I'm happy she has settled after the awful loss of her friend in her presence.

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Ha, could be, maybe confined space makes her feel secure, or simply more handling suits her. Either way I'm happy she has settled after the awful loss of her friend in her presence.

Maybe there is soo much going on and so many other horses she doesn't feel the need to be 'on guard' or on the defensive? Just a thought. was she very protective or overly attached to buddy.

Tess Love

Visit site
Sect Ds are very intelligent and get bored easily so she is probably really enjoying all the activity. Mine has always got her head out the stable door watching what's going on would definitely be the yard gossip if she were human. Whatever has changed her is good news so enjoy her new contentment and just feel happy :D