Sports bras recommendations

HelenBack

Visit site
Which ones are people using these days? Mine are getting pretty tatty nowadays so I could do with getting some new ones. I don't do anything any more high impact than riding and I don't have very big boobs but still it can be quite uncomfortable if the horse has a bit of a jiggy joggy moment. I also tend to pretty much live in sports bras since covid and now working at home all the time.

I prefer non-wired and I don't always like the thick band you get round the bottom of sports bras as I tend to find it either rolls up or just gets sticky on a hot day. If there are newer and more comfortable suggestions I'd like to hear about them as it's probably been a bit longer than it should have been since I last bought any!

poacher82

Visit site
I buy from a company called Segrila on Amazon... various styles, much cheaper than sports brand names but they seem to wash well and last well. Granted I don't put much strain on them in terms of boob size, but I find them very comfy for riding, running, Pilates...

Annagain

Visit site
I know you said non wired but try the Bravissimo Inspire. I didn't think I'd like an underwired sports bra but it's really comfy, gives a nice shape (to the point that I have worn it to work if I'm going straight to the yard) and has really good support. Mine have lasted ages too, far longer than the Shock Absorbers I used to wear. I'm considerably more amply proportioned than you so it's working hard with me!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
If you're not very big then Asda pull on ribbed bras are brilliant and cheap as chips. I find them far better than any sports bra I've tried.

HelenBack

Visit site
I buy from a company called Segrila on Amazon... various styles, much cheaper than sports brand names but they seem to wash well and last well. Granted I don't put much strain on them in terms of boob size, but I find them very comfy for riding, running, Pilates...
Thank you, I've just had a quick look and quite like the look of these. I'm not going to put much strain on the either so that's not a problem! The price looks pretty competitive so I think it's worth a punt if they don't work out so tempted to give them a go.

I know you said non wired but try the Bravissimo Inspire. I didn't think I'd like an underwired sports bra but it's really comfy, gives a nice shape (to the point that I have worn it to work if I'm going straight to the yard) and has really good support. Mine have lasted ages too, far longer than the Shock Absorbers I used to wear. I'm considerably more amply proportioned than you so it's working hard with me!
Ha ha, I think everybody is more amply proportioned than me! Last summer when it got really hot I actually stopped wearing a bra at all for a while and I don't think anybody noticed. Could be a cheap option!

I just went for a look and sadly they don't make it in a small enough size for me, which I can't decide whether to be pleased or disappointed about! I'm not sure if some of the others they have might be okay though so I'll have a look and see if there's anything suitable.

If you're not very big then Asda pull on ribbed bras are brilliant and cheap as chips. I find them far better than any sports bra I've tried.
Thanks, I've heard a few people say good things about Asda bras actually. I'll pop in this weekend and take a look.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Thanks, I've heard a few people say good things about Asda bras actually. I'll pop in this weekend and take a look.

The sizing is a bit tricky. I bought the size M for 34D which was the recommended size and could barely breathe, so had to go up to L.

wispagold

Visit site
I really want to find a sports bra that is padded (so that you can't see my nipples through my t-shirt, as that makes me feel self conscious) but doesn't have the removable pads that always seem to fold in half when you wash them! Any suggestions as I am yet to find the perfect bra!?

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I keep a collection of the m&s non underwired zip front sports bras in my car that i just put on over the top of whatever I am wearing (normally another underwired supportive bra!). Bottom band doesnt roll, no escaping issues and easy to take on and off for when you need them.

I do need all the support I can get, but a few others at the yard have also taken to wearing them and really like them.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Everyday I use Mand S under wired sports bras 2 for £30 .These are cheap you can crowd the straps and wear you can wear them all day .
For more intense riding I have panache one

zoe352

Visit site
I use these and just take the guards out when I don't need them

They can be a bit sweety with the guards in

Tip warm the guards up in the oven then you can mold them to you own shape

HelenBack

Visit site
That's a feat of engineering! I doubt OP will need that as she's said she's small.
I was thinking I could probably fit my whole head in one of those cups! I didn't want to appear ungrateful since Birker took the time to post the link but I think it probably would be a bit much for me. Still, lots of good suggestions on here and I never knew there were so many options available! I'm definitely going to have a good look at them all and see if I can find something a bit more comfortable than what I've got now (and have currently taken off as I'm working at home so nobody will know!).

I use these and just take the guards out when I don't need them

They can be a bit sweety with the guards in

Tip warm the guards up in the oven then you can mold them to you own shape

I am very childish and I can well imagine that these would be really helpful for martial arts type stuff. It just made me laugh though as I remember many years ago a friend going into a nightclub and a rough girl threatening to punch her in the t*ts! Still makes me giggle to this day. As I said though, I'm clearly quite juvenile.

Annagain

Visit site
I really want to find a sports bra that is padded (so that you can't see my nipples through my t-shirt, as that makes me feel self conscious) but doesn't have the removable pads that always seem to fold in half when you wash them! Any suggestions as I am yet to find the perfect bra!?
I'll go back to my original suggestion of the Bravissimo Inspire. It's not padded but the material is thick and firm so no nips on show.

wispagold

Visit site
I'll go back to my original suggestion of the Bravissimo Inspire. It's not padded but the material is thick and firm so no nips on show.

I'm not sure they make my size. I thought they only did larger cup sizes. I will have a look on their website.

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
I have just bought a Boob Buddy

Its an elasticised strap that can go over or under your bra and helps lessen the bounce! My issues are for running, and even the strongest scaffolding over a 50kms race has me really uncomfy after 5 kms so this is hopefully gonna be a really helpful. https://theboobuddy.com/

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk

When a seamed bra fits the nipple is often right behind a seam.

Most people aren't in the right size or shape, start here, there's also a sports bra guide in the wiki. Everyone's different and size/shape is critical to getting good support.

wispagold

Visit site
When a seamed bra fits the nipple is often right behind a seam.

Most people aren't in the right size or shape, start here, there's also a sports bra guide in the wiki. Everyone's different and size/shape is critical to getting good support.

Thanks. My sizing has definitely changed following 2 children. I got measured when the youngest was a year old. But since then I have also lost 7kg and got a lot fitter so have changed shape again! The sports bras I usually buy are the Boody ones, they aren't very supportive (which is fine for me) but are very comfy. But anything that has removable padding drives me mad as it moves around everytime you wash it and then it takes ages for me to get it back in the right place.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Do take padding out for washing, and do bear in mind I've been fitted and professionally measured at everywhere from M&S and John Lewis (36B when I was probably a 32DD), Rugby and Peller (expensive mistake, 34C with a narrow cup that never fitted) and Bravissimo (better but not perfect). Best to measure and have an idea yourself :)

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Shock absorber fan here - no underwires and depending on the chosen style you can get them without a thick band under the bust. I wear them for riding, netball and gym and they wash well and are comfier than my others. They’re not cheap but I’ve bought several from private sellers on ebay still with the tags.

Kunoichi73

Visit site
I'm another Shock Absorber fan. I've worn them for years, since they had the different ratings for different sports. I wear them for riding, running, weights, martial arts, walking and even, the lightest support model, for work. If you don't mind older models, you can pick some up cheaper here: https://www.sportsshoes.com/shock-absorber/

My only issue is that I can't fasten the top fastening of the Ultimate Run model due to dodgy shoulders!