Sports Bra's

AFB

Visit site
Can I have some recommendations please? They're not something I've any experience of as not being particularly blessed in that area I've never felt the need, however we're doing a bit more now we have transport and I need one for some physio sessions anyway so thought I'd bite the bullet.

I'd like something on the cheaper end of the scale (but don't want to cop out and buy rubbish) so probably avoiding horsey brands, easy to get on/off, preferably non-wired and with a little bit of padding purely to avoid the Charlie Dimmock look. Also needs to be an online purchase as I don't have the time/inclination to go shopping!

Can you help??

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I use M&S firm control. They're unwired and unpadded but they may do padded ones.

Worth looking in Tesco as I found the same bra there for less than half the price, just in different colours and with a different pattern on.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I use a website called lingerie outlet. Lots of good quality bras at bargain prices. I order 4 or 5, try them on and send back the ones that don't fit.

Shay

Visit site
Both DD and I like shock absorber. But we are both well endowed in that department. Even if you buy online you really should get professionally fitted first. Wrong bra sizes are quite a problem - especially, I understand, for those less well endowed becuase there are fewer problems from wearing the wrong size. But with sports bras particualrly there are two main types - encapsulation and compression. You need to try then on to find out which is more comfortable for you. Not wearing a correctly fitted sports bra during strenuous movement has been linked to cancerous changes in breast tissue - so small or not they are worth getting!

dlou1

Visit site
I have a Lonsdale one that you can get in most sports shops. Less than £10 and holds everything in place!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I had mine fitted and was surprised to find how many were uncomfortable. Narrow shoulder straps were not good and neither was underwiring. Unfortunately I ended up with a padded bra but it didn't matter I felt because my air jacket covers everything!
Marks and Spencers High Impact Padded Sports Bra

Roxylola

Visit site
I got a shock absorber ultimate run from amazon for under £30 - I was in the queue for boobs and missed out on legs so I have to have some decent support. It's super solid though, no jiggle and really comfortable, I'd highly recommend one of the shock absorber brand

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
shock absorbers have been the best option for me through a range of sizes (from D up to now F)- I have to have their large boobs option now though as you get more 'top' coverage. I also have a freya active (bit pointy boobs but functional) and a debenhams one (their own gorgeous range has always fitted me well) but the straps are a bit narrow.
You can always find them cheaper online/on ebay but if you go the shock absorber route you might want to go up a band size/order 2 sizes to check. I have one with a bigger band size for cycling/riding and the other one is for jumping up and down in.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
As someone who has a bit of a gym clothing addiction I may be able to help here :p

Gymshark - no seams, no wires, some padding, very comfy and good support.
Flexxfit - cheaper copy of the above.
Versa Forma - very supportive, do have seams, nicer designs imo than the above two.
Puma - good lower end pricing, but general thinner straps which you either love or you hate.
Queenie Ke - very good price for what they are, supportive, breathable, and you can buy them from Amazon which is next day delivery.
Under Armour - have a large range, but generally the most comfortable out of all of these, although they are pricier.

If none of the above take your fancy, let me know and I can write down another 10 brands for you to look at! (maybe more ;))

Kat

Visit site
I like Freya ones, they don't give you the mono boob look but have plenty of support. M&S ones are okay too.

Frumpoon

Visit site
What are the recommendations for flattening out F cup boobs? I like the look of the shock absorber dd + but does it hold them down?

ester

Visit site
thats what I use as a 36F flattens and holds them down the best of the few options I tried about a year ago, mostly because they come higher up the front. I'm a 36F in one of them currently.

I forgot I did try and enell, the results were hilarious with that.

tda

Visit site
I used to wear shock absorber but found the sizing to be a bit out on recent online purchases.
Currently in m&s , but the most recent ones I bought, the shoulder straps are a bit too wide apart for me, wearable but strange

Surbie

Visit site
https://www.figleaves.com/uk/sports/lingerie/bras/

Loads to choose from there. I have both the shock absorber and (I think) Freya Panache. I have enormous boobs so it's important to keep them strapped in.

Didn't know about the cancer link Shay, but I would definitely agree with going & getting yourself properly fitted. And a department store fit generally isn't secure/taken tight enough around the back. I dropped from a 36 to a 32 when I got myself fitted at Bravissimo. And went up 4 boob sizes. :oops:

Annagain

Visit site
34 FF here. I find the Bravissimo Inspire sport bras by far the best. They're underwired which I thought would be terrible for a sports bra but they are so comfy and give you a really good shape. I've even been known to wear it as an everyday bra under suitable clothing! Better shape than Freya and a lot more supportive and better quality the Shock Absorber (I found they lost all their elasticity and support after a few washes). They're pretty cheap to compared to most - £17 depending on the colour you buy.

Pippity

Visit site
I got a shock absorber ultimate run from amazon for under £30 - I was in the queue for boobs and missed out on legs so I have to have some decent support. It's super solid though, no jiggle and really comfortable, I'd highly recommend one of the shock absorber brand

Definitely my fave sports bra, but they run VERY small on the band. I'm normally a 34FF but go up to a 38F in these.

Annagain

Visit site
What are the recommendations for flattening out F cup boobs? I like the look of the shock absorber dd + but does it hold them down?
I don't find flattening them particularly comfortable - try the bravissimo ones I mentioned above. It holds them in the right place rather than squashing them down.

BOWS28

Visit site
I was unfortunately graced with boobs that are way too big for my body lol. i love the gym shark ones but i also have a couple of lonsdale sports bra's from sports direct that do the same job and cost half the price. I'm an F cup and they don't squash them down just hold them firmly where they're meant to be!!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
. They're underwired which I thought would be terrible for a sports bra but they are so comfy and give you a really good shape.

I didn't get on with sports bras at all until I started using underwired versions (36e). I currently use a Berlei horse riding one but they don't make them anymore.

OP it will be personal preference whether you prefer an underwired version or a push everything together type but once you have this is the website I mentioned which has lots of end of lines from big brands at good prices.

https://lingerieoutletstore.co.uk/lingerie/bras/sports-bras

AFB

Visit site
WOW, thank you all! That's a lot of information and brands to look at but I'll wade through them all this afternoon!

I take on board the fitting points, I have been properly fitted for 'normal' bras - do sports bra's need fitting differently or does the correct size transfer over?

Roxylola

Visit site
I've gone 2 bands up for the shock absorber run bra - I went and tried a few on in Debenhams to get a feel for what I wanted before I ordered

ester

Visit site
For the most part they transfer over for my collection of wired and non-wired ones. The only thing I noticed was that I needed to increase my cup size with them before I did my day to day bras (too small and you get a lot of top boob wiggle ;) )

My shockabsorber that is a size bigger than my normal the bottom band does ride up a bit - and my belly can encourage it to flip up on itself, doesn't happen with the 36.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Can I have some recommendations please? They're not something I've any experience of as not being particularly blessed in that area I've never felt the need, however we're doing a bit more now we have transport and I need one for some physio sessions anyway so thought I'd bite the bullet.

I'd like something on the cheaper end of the scale (but don't want to cop out and buy rubbish) so probably avoiding horsey brands, easy to get on/off, preferably non-wired and with a little bit of padding purely to avoid the Charlie Dimmock look. Also needs to be an online purchase as I don't have the time/inclination to go shopping!

Can you help??
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ladies-H...425339&hash=item1a5c614596:g:Ql4AAOSwaphamT14
this is what I normally buy, they come in black or white. Because they encapsulate each breast they are very good for heavier chested women as encapsulated bra's offer much more support.