Sports bras

Ponyhugger

Visit site
What are good high impact bras for riding in? I have M&S ones, but I've had them a while now. What do you like? I'm looking for something with a proper cup size and true to size as I will be ordering online and need it to be the correct size. Also, not too expensive. Thanks in anticipation.

Annagain

Visit site
Bravissimo Inspire. It's underwired which I never thought would work for a sports bra but it's really comfy and gives you a really good shape (so much that I wear it as a normal bra when I can get away with it!). They wash really well and have lasted so much better than my Shock Absorbers - they lost their elasticity and support really quickly. They're not particularly cheap at full price but if you're not too bothered about colour, you can normally pick up a bargain in the sale.

cowgirl16

Visit site
I would like to know too! M & S used to do a really good sports bra, like a proper bra but with a lot more support and wide straps. Sadly they stopped making my favourite one.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
If you order online from places like lingerie outlet, you can order several in different sizes and sent back the ones you don't like or don't fit - it's free delivery and return. I tend to find some makes suit better than others so it's not just about being true to size. I just resign myself to ordering 5 or 6 looking for one I really like.

Can't help with a specific recommendation as they no longer make the Berlei horse riding bra I like and will soon be looking for an alternative as they are several years old.

Ponyhugger

Visit site
Bravissimo Inspire. It's underwired which I never thought would work for a sports bra but it's really comfy and gives you a really good shape (so much that I wear it as a normal bra when I can get away with it!). They wash really well and have lasted so much better than my Shock Absorbers - they lost their elasticity and support really quickly. They're not particularly cheap at full price but if you're not too bothered about colour, you can normally pick up a bargain in the sale.
Thanks. I will have a look

Ponyhugger

Visit site
If you order online from places like lingerie outlet, you can order several in different sizes and sent back the ones you don't like or don't fit - it's free delivery and return. I tend to find some makes suit better than others so it's not just about being true to size. I just resign myself to ordering 5 or 6 looking for one I really like.

Can't help with a specific recommendation as they no longer make the Berlei horse riding bra I like and will soon be looking for an alternative as they are several years old.
Thanks. I'll have to look

Ponyhugger

Visit site
I would like to know too! M & S used to do a really good sports bra, like a proper bra but with a lot more support and wide straps. Sadly they stopped making my favourite one.
I think this is what I have but can't remember the name of it. Pity they don't do it anymore!

TTK

Visit site
Another vote for the Shock Absober Ultimate Run but, as per those reddit articles, I go up one band size and down a cup size. Ie normally I am 36d, I go for 38c and it is a perfect fit.

RachaelJC

Visit site
Shock absorber are by far the best for me. Particularly the ones with three hook and eyes rather than the standard two.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I just did a quick google and you can still get Berlei horse riding bras from some places though sadly not my size or I would buy a replacement. https://www.boobydoo.co.uk/shop-by-...MI1dKu3-T_6gIV6oBQBh3gUwlHEAAYAiAAEgI1IPD_BwE
Yes, I had the Berlei horse riding bras until they went saggy baggy after five or years of constant wear. Their generic sports bras appear to have the same construction as the horse riding bras. I am only a 34C but I like a very supportive bra because I ride side-saddle.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Yes, I had the Berlei horse riding bras until they went saggy baggy after five or years of constant wear. Their generic sports bras appear to have the same construction as the horse riding bras. I am only a 34C but I like a very supportive bra because I ride side-saddle.

Mine have lasted pretty well probably about the same age but the underwires are starting to poke out which seems to happen to all my bras eventually.

Shay

Visit site
Ideally you would get fitted- but obviously not atm. You need to know what sports bra suits you. An underband type where the main strength of the bra is under the breast tissue. An encapsulation type which sort of enwrappps the boob, or a compression type which presses the tissue against the rib cage. It has to be comfortable for you and minimize movement. Insufficient support, or too much movement, has been implicated in the development of cancerous changes - so make sure your bras fit!

5 years of constant wear?! You seriously need to retire that bra. Under what other circumstances would you ever keep a bra going for 5 years?

Splurge out and order a whole slew of bras to find out that style suits you best. IMO underband is useless. Even if you are really small the tissue above the band still moves. Then it is down to individual preference for encapsulation vs compression. Its not sized based - it has to do with the density of the breast tissue and what is comfortable for you.

It doesn't matter if you are comparatively large or small. Every breast should be properly supported. Partly - you don't want to do anything to increase your risk of breast cancer. But also - we are all going to get saggy - do you want it to be any earlier or any worse than it has to be?!

AFB

Visit site
Shock Absorber for me. That said I've only tried that vs UA and the UA one fell apart pretty quickly. The SA keeps them where they should be and is great quality.

Fellewell

Visit site
I bought a Kalenji running bra, black with pink piping £19.99 from Decathlon. Good range of sizes and it really sorted out my sitting trot!

wren123

Visit site
I've had enell, shock absorber and currently Freya underwired sports bra. I think the enell was the most supportive. I didn't like the new design shock absorber, too much bounce! I do a bit of jumping in the changing room!!
I think the Freya underwired I'm currently wearing is very good, possibly not as efficient as the enell, but more comfy.

NA85ISH

Visit site
Nike sports bras, high impact ones for riding in (also used in training classes in the gym)
lots of different shapes, strap, fittings, cup shapes, you can sign up for an account on the Nike website to get free delivery, order a few and send back any which dont suit ;)

Mrs G

Visit site
Have a look at the Triumph Triaction range. They are all I wear now as they are so comfy but so supportive I can run in them as well as ride and I like that they come in normal back fastening rather than racer back (so much easier to get on and off!)