Spotted horses...

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ive never owned a spotted, but i think they are very unusual. I don't think i would ever buy a horse though just based on its colour.

BTW, I think all of the spotted horses in this thread look lovely!!
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Sometimes when spot is at a show he completly freaks out other horses, at Great Somerford, some lady asked if we would move him from the edge of the ring when her horse was jumping as he was so scared of him!

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
There's a line of spotties in Lancashire who are all total psychos... some really bad blood in there... it's put me off them completely so I don't think I'd ever buy one. I'm sure there are lots of lovely ones around though
smile.gif

Prudence

Visit site
It's not the spots I don't like, as I like unusual coloured horses (though for me temp and conf are foremost), however, what will turn me off a horse is too much pink skin...anywhere on the horse. I know that spotty's are more likely to have pink skin on their faces and nether regions than most other colours, though I also know that a lot of coloureds do too. And spotty's tend to have spots in the pinkness and I personally don't find that attractive. Also, I can't afford all that suncream.....

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I remember Move Over Nugget - we did lots of Appy stuff about 20 years ago. I had a mare (Rivaz Jessex which had Klaus and Pendean Bobby bloodlines). Also had Mr Freckles (in the pic) but we had no breed info on him. He won loads of riding horse classes at the national championships and really got us into showing. I remember when Amazing Blue was imported from the US and I see that he is still around. I also remember Ulrich Buckaroo.

Are you still involved in appy showing?

dieseldog

Visit site
We never showed any of ours. My sister has always been obsessed by them. The first one we had we bought of the Sillitoes by Capital Cyril. Then we bred the chestnut with no spots, bought Nuggett of Lesley who has Dances with Wolves, got a blanket spotted mare who bred the ginger spice foal, also bred another solid, who ended up at Matt Ryans yard. Sarah then decided she wanted another one, went to a breeder in Southampton and got Spot, they've got about another 11 of him, but the rest are a lot more solid looking.

You ever tempted to get another one?

pipharrison

Visit site
Some really nice spotty horses here.

I really like Super Spot. He is my type and thats what i am hoping my boy will be able to do one day. Abit of X-country!!

Pip.xx

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I have seen a few nice ones this year, but not tempted just yet! I remember Capital Cyril well. he was not as spotty as ours, and was quite pink around the bottom!

An appaloosa was placed in the HOYS hunter classes a few years back (can't remember the breeding) but it was solid coloured, so no prejudice!