spotted minature yearling colt for sale

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
as title really i have one for sale but not really sure where i should advertise such a pony?? would make a lovely pony for some one or to keep as a stallion... and how much are they worth??? hes very attractive sorry no piccys as of yet... hes 38inches atm and his sire is only about that to so i dont suppose hel b too much bigger

JadeWisc

Visit site
The pricing would differ greatly from where I am to where you are, but I know several factors influence the price of minis here so perhaps there as well.
Does he have papers? What are his bloodlines? Are his markings unusual or desireable? Is he easy to handle and friendly?

38 inches is getting fairly big for a mini so that could influence as well.

Perhaps if you put up a pic and ans the above mentioned details someone could be of better help.

They range in price here anywhere from $100 to $3,000
The ones without papers usually go for under $500

rara007

Visit site
It would also depend on type? Minature/standard shetty, or minature horse?

He is quite big, so not sure about who might have him as a stally?

Mini shetlands are averaging £700-1000 for a normal 1
less for unreg
Shetlands, which he is the height for around £500-1000(broken) again less for unreg or unbroken
Mini horses 1000-1500 for "Potential", doesnt matter about reg.

Haz

Haz

Selkie

Visit site
All depends on where you live, I was at York horse sales a couple of months ago and one was withdrawn when it didnt reach £600 OH said lets get ours down here quick as we got them for nothing

SpruceRI

Visit site
I think miniature Shetlands have to be less than 32" to be registered as mini.....not sure whether yours is a Shettie though, can they be spottie??

If you live in an area where there's lots of mini showing classes you'd probably get more than places that there aren't. Not much help, sorry!

varkie

www.varkiesstud.co.uk
The maximum height for a miniature shetland is 34", and they can be any colour except spotted - so this pony couldn't even be considered as an unregistered one on either height or colour.

Hard to say what he's worth without seeing a picture. To know if he's any good as a stallion tho, look at him & imagine he was a plain bay - would you still think he was a stallion prospect? Colour alone isn't a good enough reason.

varkie

www.varkiesstud.co.uk
It may be a spotted miniature horse or pony, but it cannot be a spotted miniature shetland pony - there is no such thing, and the Society rules state very clearly that spots are not permitted.

JadeWisc

Visit site
interesting. I have learned something
smile.gif

MadasaFerret

Visit site
Agree with Varkie, you are not allowed to even say the word spotted withing a radius of 10 mikles of the Shetland pony Stud book HQ!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mini horse rules are slightly different to the Shetland pony rules.

Go onto www.miniaturehorsetalk.com and PM a user called Rabbitsfizz. She is in the UK and breeds both Shetlands and Mini horses. She will fill you in all all the details and contacts.

Also Halstock and Blackator studs in the south of England have a few spotteds and might be some help.

But don't ever say the word Shetland and spotted in the same sentence............
wink.gif
wink.gif