Spreading my horse's ashes

pinkgirl

Visit site
need some help here. i sadly lost my succesful show horse recently and she was cremated and will be recieving her ashes soon.

whats everyones opinions on spreading a little of her ashes at a couple of her most successful show venues and the rest buried in garden and plant a tree in her memory.

is it right to put her ashes in 3 different places???

firstponyMinto

Visit site
So sorry to hear of the loss of your horse, I would do what feels right FOR YOU, I have some ashes of my old boy in the garden, but spread the majority in his favourite field, xx

TallyHo123

Visit site
Sorry to hear about the loss of you horse, do whatever you feel is right for YOU nobody else.

I scattered my horses ashes and then had a small locked filled and sealed with them in x

micramadam

Visit site
Sorry to read about your horse.
When we had a dog PTS we spread her ashes near her favourite sleeping place in the garden under a rose bush.
I think that's a really lovely idea - a locket filled with some of the ashes and sealed. What is also nice is the jewellery made from the mane or tail hair. I've seen some really lovely pieces.
At the end of the day do what feels right for you.

Janesomerset

Visit site
I think that's a nice idea...three special places to remember good memories, instead of one...and planting a tree is lovely. My friend planted an apple tree on his mare's grave.

kezimac

Visit site
my friend had a precious stone ring made with her ponies ashes cost about £400 i think, she then spread the rest along his favourite hacking routes.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Aw, so sorry to hear of your loss. Yes a lovely idea. Just a thought, if you're going to plant a tree over her, it might be an idea to put the ashes in a pot, and then plant a little bushy thingy or whatever, rather than straight in the soil.

I say this as you might move in the future, and if you did this you could take "her" with you, whereas if you put her ashes straight in the soil and the tree grew up, you wouldn't be able to take her witih you if/when you move.

Just a thought ....... so sorry, bless you.

michelleice

Visit site
you can spread them as many places you like hun you know where your ned loved. I got my boy Basil cremated and have his ashes up in my bedroom in a wooden box. He will remain in them until its my time then ill have him cremated with me (box and his ashes) and i want us to be spread together in the one place that is truly our home, Links beach in Banff.

im going to stop typing now as i feel myself get all teary now and well OH here and i dont wanna look a wuss