Sprenger Bow Balance - sizing?

dibbin

Visit site
Evening all.

I recently decided to treat myself to a pair of Sprenger Bow Balance stirrups :) I ordered a pair of 4.75" ones as I know that's the usual "ladies" size - I wear Mountain Horse Mountain Rider boots (size 5.5) day-to-day, and I've been using my sister's Compositi stirrups recently, which are 4.75" and are a good size.

The Sprengers arrived and were far FAR too small. At a guess I'd say I had maybe half a centimetre on either side of my boot. Obviously I didn't ride in them and have sent them back! I don't want to order another pair and have them be (a) too big because I've ordered the size up or (b) too small because I've ordered the same ones, especially when it was almost £20 in postage to return these ones!

Does anyone know if they come up smaller because of the rubber casing round the joints, or whether it's more likely I was sent the wrong size?

OLDGREYMARE

Visit site
Just measured my bow balance stirrups at 4.5" and I wore mountain horse high rider boots size 6 (until the zips went) and had no problem.

nuttychestnut

Visit site
That doesn't sound right, I have the same size and bigger feet but have a good inch of space. Did you measure them before you sent them back?

coloured_c0b

Visit site
Yes I bought some at Christmas got my usual size and they were too small so had to go up a size. I had read elsewhere that it's best to go up a size but took the risk que me tootling back to the shop for a bigger size. They are fab though I no longer have any knee pain after long hacks

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I have the ladies 4.75" and haven't had an issue with any boots inc size 6 Ariat grassmeres which are on the chunky side in the foot I think. If you didn't measure the stirrup, measure your boot as a starting point to ascertain if you've maybe been sent a kids pair?

dibbin

Visit site
I didn't measure them, but the bottom of the tread had "122" stamped on it and I assumed that was 122mm, which is about 4.75". I might try and find a shop that stocks them so I can see what size looks right with my boots on.

Allsorts0413

Visit site
I didn't measure them, but the bottom of the tread had "122" stamped on it and I assumed that was 122mm, which is about 4.75". I might try and find a shop that stocks them so I can see what size looks right with my boots on.

From what I can remember, my 4.75 inch bow balance and system 4 stirrups were both marked with 122mm and this measurement was also on the boxes. As you say this size is recommended for ladies and I don't know how much bigger the 'gents' stirrups are.