Sprenger Dynamic bit.

KatB

Visit site
Has anyone tried one? How have you found it? And does anyone know where I can get hold of a D ring version in 5"?!!
tongue.gif

Many thanks!!

CBAnglo

Visit site
It was in the short list of bits I was going to try with my fussy TB but I ended up getting a hippus instead (yes I know it isnt dressage legal).

I emailed a seller on ebay called annadresseur and she was really helpful in telling me what size I would need etc.

GermanyJo

Visit site
Hi

I have one, is great, was a breakthrough with mine, (combined with a drop noseband)

Here is a link to a german site... although not sure if the euro/pound exchange rate makes it worth while to get from Germany

I got mine from ebay.de about 20 euro's cheaper (new) ... if it makes sense to get from here and you need an hand, give me a shout... will have a look on ebay now and see if I can see any bargains here

http://www.loesdau.de/websale7/Sprenger-...540f14%2fmd5%7d

KatB

Visit site
Yeah thats alot cheaper than anywhere else... although have found one in America that works out even cheaper
wink.gif
But depends on taxes etc?!!

What was it that your horse was having problems with before this bit if you don't mind me asking?

KatB

Visit site
Thanks CB, I LOVE the hippus bits, but am looking for a bit that is dressage legal, as my mare is going beautifully in a myler french link wrapped in latex, but having problems finding dr. legal bits she likes as she has a very soft mouth and doesnt like too much tongue pressure! Which unfortunately rules out nathe etc...
smirk.gif

GermanyJo

Visit site
Mine was extremely fussy in the mouth, contact not consistent (lots of work on teeth etc so know that was all ok) ... tried normal french link, with and without cheeks - was a bit better in a normal eggbutt french link but still not great, better still with a drop noseband (as opposed to a flash/grakle or cavesson) but the combination of the drop and this bit has made an enormous difference.

CBAnglo

Visit site
Yes, mine is exactly the same . I am going to try the hippus for the short term, see what difference it makes, and then see what else that is dressage legal produces the same kind of reaction. I am also experimenting at the same time with different bridle/noseband combinations so havent tried the hippus yet but he seemed to like it when I tried it for size.

He absolutely hated the myler (and broke my finger just to make sure I remembered) and in the end I had him in a single jointed snaffle.

One thing about this Sprenger bit is that the sizing is a bit odd so definitely check which one you need (I needed a 5.25 and my horse is normally a 5.5).

stilltrying

Visit site
I have one and providing all is well in jezza's world he's very accepting of it. I previously had a loose ring neue schule but this pinched so went for the sprenger with the d rings. I bought mine new on ebay.
smile.gif

collina

Visit site
I know the following people have a sprenger bit bank web page Not sure if they carry that one in stock but I phoned them for when I required help. Mine is in a a wh ultra snaffle.

GermanyJo

Visit site
the sizing is because they are made in cm and not in inches... and the conversions are not very helpful sometimes (people tend to round up or down)

bellaboo

Visit site
I have this bit in a loose ring and use it both for my mare who is really fussy in her mouth and for my youngster. My mare is lovely to ride in it, is more consistant with the contact and rides alot lighter, the filly mouths the bit beautifully, just need to save up to get them 1 each now rather than having to swap the bits onto different bridles all the time!

Louby

Visit site
My horse has a tongue issue and is constantly drawing his tongue back which drives me mad as there is never really any true contact. Ive tried loads of bits including the dynamic with a D ring and it was no different to any other bit Ive tried. I did get it cheap off Ebay though.
On the Hippus bit, anyone know where I can get one to try before I buy as they are expensive.

KatB

Visit site
Louby PM Kerilli, she has some to try I believe. They are fantastic bits, and would be what I would buy if I didnt need a dressage legal one!!
tongue.gif
Also try putting your bit up a hole....
wink.gif

Thanks everyone for the info, sounds like it is worth trying... she hasnt got any bad habits with her tongue etc, just doesnt like pressure on it!!