sprenger kk ultra (16mm)- any good replicas?

EllieBeast

Visit site
Hi, I have borrowed one of these bits for my young mare and she seems to really like it. Unfortunately I don't really like the price tag!! I know that you generally get what you pay for and will be keeping an eye out for second hand ones but wondered if anyone has tried any of the'copies' and if so how do they compare?
Thanks in advance!

CBAnglo

Visit site
I think I have this bit (I have loads of sprengers) what size were you looking for? otherwise, have a look on ebay. there is a german seller that has loads of second hand ones - I have bought about 5 or 6 from her and she is 100% reliable and sends them the next day. They are about £30 pounds iirc.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Unfortunately she is both of those things!! And with her being so young im determined to get it right. Will keeo on searching second hand and see how we get on! Thanks for the info :)

CBAnglo

Visit site
I can't rember her name but if you search Sprenger bits she comes up pretty often. She is helpful one of mine will only go in a particular bit in a particular size so she keeps an eye out for me and let's me know when she has one (saves me switching bits round all his bridles).

Failing that I can have a look if I have a 5.5 as I def have that bit in 16mm but not sure on size as I have a mix if 5.5 and 5.75.