Sprenger stirrups

k9h

Visit site
Also in NL2

I have the Bow balance stirrups.

Anyhow got back from hack today & when running up my stirrups noticed that one of them the rubber covering the links has cracked on both sides

Don't know if I can remember where I bought them from. They are under a year old & not been used that much really.

Do I contact Sprenger direct???

Anyone else noticed this on their stirrups?

They have been looked after properly & cleaned regular.

k9h

Visit site
I have just emaied the shop I got them from (just remembered who they were!)
Have also emiled sprenger direct from their website too.

Be interesting to see what happens now. Will take pics of stirrups tomorrow.

k9h

Visit site
This is the response from person I bought them from

Hi Kate, I am amazed, as all of my Sprenger stirrups are at least 10 years old and don't have any cracks in the rubber, plus I've never heard of that occurring with anyone else. I actually have no idea what the reason could be. The only thing I know about rubber of this type is that prolonged exposure to sunlight, frost, or being close to say, a radiator or similar, will damage it. I can't think of any other way to do it, the rubber lasts forever. All I can do is ask Sprenger what they think could cause it, and the only suggestion I have for rectifying it is to glue a thin piece of rubber (bicycle tyre repair patch) over the cracks. The rubber is there purely to protect the links, so if you can cover the cracks well with a pliable repair, then the stirrups will continue to function perfectly for your lifetime. Finally, cleaning them has absolutely no bearing on it, the only thing that can affect rubber is temperature. But perhaps Sprenger will know something else, I'll ask them.
Kind regards,

Now I am not going to apply ANYTHING to the stirrups when I have paid a ton for them, sprenger may want to see them to see what is wrong!