Sprenger stirrups

hobgoblin

Visit site
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could give me some reviews of these?
Thinking if buying a pair but £££££ ! So what I am really asking is Are they worth the money?
Currently just use bog standard irons Thanks :)

hunteress

Visit site
They are great help with leg position i have just bought a pair to go with my Butet saddle so my cob do's look a little posh (Ha Ha) I have used the ones with the flexi rubber sides about £25 for years infact since they came out. So it was also a big decision to spend £120 but I am glad I did the cheapest on the net are from Selderhome select hope this helps and go for it .

Chocy

Visit site
Luv luv luv them!!
Used 2 get sore knees riding for over an hour then had ankle surgery bout a yr ago but with sprengers no soreness at all!
Liked them so much I bought 2nd pair 2 use on jumping saddle 2 save the hassle of changing from dressage 2 jumping & back whenever I rode!

WestCoast

Visit site
I've got a pair of normal flexi stirrups from townfields saddlers and really like them - seem to prevent my knee and ankle pain. Couldn't quite stretch to the sprengers. :)

Paula

Tamski

Visit site
Love them but couldn't cope with the ££££ so bought them on ebay and got two pairs for less than the price of one!

Happy!!!

Piccy

Visit site
I have sprenger bow balance ones and don't like riding in anything else now, they have removed the knee pain I used to suffer.

bitlessbill

Visit site
I changed from normal stirrups to (cheap) flexi ones years ago and wouldn't ride in anything else now.
I recently bought some Sprengers but haven't noticed any difference from the cheaper ones yet.

Last edited:

debsg

Visit site
Definitely worth having flexi stirrups but I don't think you need to go for Sprengers. Mine are from the Shires catalogue and cost £25, I have been using them for six years and they are fab. Make sure, if you buy cheaper ones, that they have what look like bike chain links as I have seen some with cheap, crappy chains which wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Bernster

Visit site
Yes, I used the sprenger ones with the flexi sides and really liked them. Got a new saddle and bought a cheaper version and the rubber has broken on them already, after about 4 weeks or so of use. Will be taking them back. I can't remember the name but it does make me think that it may be worth getting the more expensive brand after all !

olderthanshelooks

Visit site
i can't ride in anything else but flexi stirrups.
went back to ordinary stirrups for a bit last smmer, just an hour of riding and my knees and ankles were killing me.
i have the cheaper £25 - £30 ones for each of my saddles, my boss has the sprengers and from a riding point of view there seems to be no difference

Scoutie

Visit site
I have both Sprenger (had for about 10 years!) and a similar cheaper pair (had for about 2 years). I bought the cheaper version simply because they were about GBP 80 less, I can't tell the difference between them when riding. If I ride without this type of stirrup for long I can tell the difference on my knees.

bitlessbill

Visit site
I had my cheap version flexi stirrups for 6 years before my Sprengers and were still in good condition, the rubber had just started to split at the top of one but have passed them on to a friend and she is happy with them.

Riding wise I have found no difference between the two and I've had no knee or ankle aches since changing to flexis and would never go back to normal stirrups.

Frosty89

Visit site
I've had my Sprengers for about 6years I think and they still look/ work as good as new. I love them! Hate riding in normal irons since having them.