Sprenger Turnado Snaffle

Stella

Visit site
Does anyone use this bit or have any experience of it? My mare likes a single joint and I ride her in a Neue Schule Demy Anky. I have always preferred Spenger bits though and have just noticed this, and that it appears to be a single joint. I'm intrigued by the write up which states that the joint is set at 45 degrees when a contact is taken. Just as the double jointed Ultra!

kanter

Visit site
I tried this for my mare who also prefers a single joint . I didn't like the feel it gave so sold it. I also tried her in a deni anky, she was ok in it, but I felt the mouthpiece was too wide (diameter). Have also tried a hanging cheek comfy contact (similar to myler) which she hated. She goes best in a rusty old sweet iron loose ring. I keep trying to upgrade to more expensive bits but always end up in that one!

Stella

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I tried this for my mare who also prefers a single joint . I didn't like the feel it gave so sold it. I also tried her in a deni anky, she was ok in it, but I felt the mouthpiece was too wide (diameter). Have also tried a hanging cheek comfy contact (similar to myler) which she hated. She goes best in a rusty old sweet iron loose ring. I keep trying to upgrade to more expensive bits but always end up in that one!

[/ QUOTE ] You sound like me. I try to force my mare to have expensive taste
blush.gif
Can you remember what it was that was different about the feel to other single jointed bits?